all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Gyms Where You Can Deadlift

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
Is there any national chain of gyms that would allow a guest - like me - to do barbell deadlifts on some sort of trial membership or guest pass? I'm asking because I'm driving to Strong Endurance over parts of three different days and want to find a place to get in a deadlifting session or two on my way out and/or my way back.

I've never belonged to anything except the local YMCA, and I know those vary greatly from facility to facility in terms of both equipment and policy, so I don't think that's a good choice.

Thanks in advance for suggestions. Basically I-80 from NYC to Chicago.

-S-

I am considering joining a Snap Fitness by my work for a change. I think they are all over Canada and US. It is a commercial gym but has a warehouse gym feel. They allow chalk and gym bags on the floor. You don’t have to worry about doing some training and offending the exercisers there.

Retro Fitness is another good one. It's also super dirt cheap-$20/month. Depending on where you go I am sure you could pick up a guest pass for a local Retro.

Look for a Cross Fit gym. You can deadlift all day for all they care. My wife manages one, they usually all drop ins for nothing or a $10.00 fee at some @Steve Freides .

You can certainly deadlift at any Crossfit gym, if they allow drop in workouts. They seem to be just about everywhere.

I hesitated about CrossFit because I didn't know, since they're franchises, if they'd all have the same visitor policy.

-S-

I hesitated about CrossFit because I didn't know, since they're franchises, if they'd all have the same visitor policy.

The ones I've vistied each have their own policy. Usually it involves signing a waiver and paying the daily use fee. You might find visitor info on each establishment's web site.

I am going to keep CrossFit in mind for the future. The membership I bought allows me to put it on hold indefinitely, so I am going to use it now, then put it on hold.

And, hey, the place has a lap pool - maybe I'll go there and swim a little sometime.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom