all posts post new thread

Barbell Hack squat machine and bands

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Timo Keskitalo

Level 6 Valued Member
I used to be pretty minimalistic about training, but I've given in to "bodybuilding" again thanks to WSBB. This year I have done Hack squat machine a lot. I think it's a quite common model, maybe David.

The reason is that I think that I have weak quads. Due to the move, weights are very moderate etc. Today I had to / had the privilege to try a setup a friend uses because of achy knees. Put a big band in the mix to help in bottom position.

The band helps quite a bit in the bottom part of Hack squat. I was surprised to go that high today. It also brought the sticking point upto around the same leg angle as in squat. Would this be helpful, given the fact that I try to improve squat? Or would it be more useful to have the quite different stimulus?

Anyway I have done it so long that I should stop, or maybe take a short while with the new variant. I'm a bit disappointed that I don't have any signs of improvement in squat or front squat. I've had some unusual stressor popping once and a while that may affect.

Well, it would likely be prudent to do both variations in cycles of their own. Concentrate on the one that has more carryover to what you need.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom