all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Hamburger Math Story

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Working as a carpenter in Canada is a pain. We all learn metrics in school, but end up having to work with imperial measures all the time. And don't get me started on using Allen keys, Torx or a ratchet set here...
A few years back I put on a 60 minute or so clown show working on a flood light that was at the end of my arm extension, trying to get an Allen into a Torx screw. Finally grabbed a ladder so I could look down on it from above. First time I'd seen a Torx.

A few years back I put on a 60 minute or so clown show working on a flood light that was at the end of my arm extension, trying to get an Allen into a Torx screw. Finally grabbed a ladder so I could look down on it from above. First time I'd seen a Torx.
I had a similar issue fumbling around with "anti-theft" (the ones with a whole in the center of the bit) Allen and Torx screws fixing up a module of a water play park (not sure that's the right name for them). It ended up being a Torx, but a metric one while I had imperial ones (or the other way around). I'd tried everything I had in my tool kit until one of my coworkers showed up with the proper kit.

I had a similar issue fumbling around with "anti-theft" (the ones with a whole in the center of the bit) Allen and Torx screws fixing up a module of a water play park (not sure that's the right name for them). It ended up being a Torx, but a metric one while I had imperial ones (or the other way around). I'd tried everything I had in my tool kit until one of my coworkers showed up with the proper kit.
I got lucky. Did not even know I had the proper tool. Found one in a tool kit I received as a gift.
The worst part was the standing on my toes , with my shoulders burning, for way too long before I grabbed a ladder.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom