all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Happy New Year !

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Karen Smith, I do have a question for you. Is there a bodyweight program like S&S for kettlebells?
I am not qualified to answer for Ms Smith, but from my limited understanding wouldn't NW (Naked Warrior) be considered more or less the body weight equivalent of S&S?
Two movements, simple programming, and able to be done on an almost daily basis.
Or did you mean something that included a 'conditioning component' akin to the swings?

Hello,

I am not qualified to answer for Ms Smith
I am not qualified neither !

I think NW "lacks" of conditioning, meaning an A+A.

An "equivalent" I'd choose would be :
ladders of pistols and OAOL PU (or their variations), superseted, and without pause, but in paying attention to maintain a constant HR.
1 pistol L, 1 OAOL PU L
1 pistol R, 1 OAOL PU R
2 pistols L, 2 OAOL PU L
2 pistols R, 2 OAOL PU R
and so on.

If you know you can not exceed for e.g. 3 OAOL PU in a row, then, you do ladder(s) of 3 max.

Otherwise, it is maybe worth considering adding a HIIT from time to time. When away for a while, this is what I do and it maintain (not increase) my level.

Kind regards,

Pet'

I think NW "lacks" of conditioning, meaning an A+A.
Yes, I agree.
I suppose it all comes back to goals. If someone wanted to add some conditioning to NW they could always throw in some burpees... Care would be needed to do those in an A+A manner however.

Pavel talks about a circuit similar to what @pet' describes in a blog here, complete with photos. I was at the workshop where that circuit was invented and those photos take. It's a solid idea which, in a nutshell, is to select a level of difficulty for strength move that allows you to train it in a strength-endurance, A + A kind of way.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom