all posts post new thread

Nutrition Happy weight Loss

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Scott Townend

First Post
Hi to the forum members this is my first post,

Just thought I'd share some results on how applying advice from this forum I made fairly painless progress.

Recently lost weight from 118kg to 103kg, currently 6 foot 2 inches, 40 years old and have been struggling to move the weight for a long time. Ironically I made this progress when my kettlebells were stolen from outside my front door in Nov 2015, but have purchased 2 bells yesterday and am going to ease my way back into to S&S training. My current job which I started in May is also more active, as not only can I walk to the A&E department - I'm also more active at work.

The weight loss started when I decided to make smart swops with my diet and increased gentle exercise, tai chi, daily chi kung (standingpost excercise) and walking. In January I swopped the tai chi and chi kung for Okinawan Karate.

I concentrated on fluids initially, and swopped beer for red wine, then went cold turkey and removed sugar from tea's and coffee (psychiatric nurses tend to have a lot of brews a day!)
After reading posts on the forum about heart rate training and the maffetone formula, I bought The Endurance Handbook by Dr Phil Maffetone, in it he advocates eliminating carbs and excercising below a certain heart rate, so I applied a reduction in foods containing sugar, flour and that are processed have made further progress.

The most interesting observation is that by training below 135bpm (180 - 40 - (adjusted by a further 5bpm for out of shape) I have managed to lose more weight than when I concentrated solely on running and kettlebell training. Big thankyou to Mr Ciampa about his advice for some individuals to walk rather than run!

Fitness goal's; S&S achieve simple, and get that first overhand pullup!
aesthetic goal; Look devastating in shorts in time for holiday in Florida with my wife and friends in September.

current fitness plan; Mon - 90min Karate, tues - sat S&S, Sun off. Walk to work and back 5 days a week (3mile round trip, uphill most of the way going)

Thanks for the great site and training advice
Scott

Great report, Scott! Losing body fat is driven almost entirely by food choice and intake. Exercise may help, but it can also hinder if it is too intense added to an otherwise stressful environment.

Your kettlebell"S" were stolen from your front door? Please get stronger so this will never again be an issue ;]

Great report, Scott! Losing body fat is driven almost entirely by food choice and intake. Exercise may help, but it can also hinder if it is too intense added to an otherwise stressful environment.

Your kettlebell"S" were stolen from your front door? Please get stronger so this will never again be an issue ;]
LOL! I Absolutely will get stronger! - my focus now is being smart, making good nutrition choices and being patient. Burglars beware!

Just thought I'd share some results on how applying advice from this forum I made fairly painless progress.

Recently lost weight from 118kg to 103kg, currently 6 foot 2 inches, 40 years old and have been struggling to move the weight for a long time. Ironically I made this progress when my kettlebells were stolen from outside my front door in Nov 2015, but have purchased 2 bells yesterday and am going to ease my way back into to S&S training. My current job which I started in May is also more active, as not only can I walk to the A&E department - I'm also more active at work.

The weight loss started when I decided to make smart swops with my diet and increased gentle exercise, tai chi, daily chi kung (standingpost excercise) and walking. In January I swopped the tai chi and chi kung for Okinawan Karate.

I concentrated on fluids initially, and swopped beer for red wine, then went cold turkey and removed sugar from tea's and coffee (psychiatric nurses tend to have a lot of brews a day!)
After reading posts on the forum about heart rate training and the maffetone formula, I bought The Endurance Handbook by Dr Phil Maffetone, in it he advocates eliminating carbs and excercising below a certain heart rate, so I applied a reduction in foods containing sugar, flour and that are processed have made further progress.

The most interesting observation is that by training below 135bpm (180 - 40 - (adjusted by a further 5bpm for out of shape) I have managed to lose more weight than when I concentrated solely on running and kettlebell training. Big thankyou to Mr Ciampa about his advice for some individuals to walk rather than run!

aesthetic goal; Look devastating in shorts in time for holiday in Florida with my wife and friends in September.

current fitness plan; Mon - 90min Karate, tues - sat S&S, Sun off. Walk to work and back 5 days a week (3mile round trip, uphill most of the way going)

Scott
Let them have the lighter ones. Anyway, you will need heavier bells soon :)

The body can load a limited body weight. Some perfect nutrition chat is needed for our body. That's for diet is very must vegan advised for increase gentle exercise healthy diet chat. Concerned with us.

Scott
Keep up the great work!

but i do not find weight gain thread, can i open a new thread?
All forum members may start a new thread at any time. You might first wish to try the Search function to see if it's already been discussed, but please feel free to start a new thread when you think it's appropriate to do so.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom