all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Hardstyle Exercises

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mikhael

Level 9 Valued Member
Hi,
I'm wondering what are Hardstyle exercises? I'm familiar with Plank and Hollow Body, and from couple of minutes with Sitback, but are there more?

It is not so much about certain exercises but rather a specific style of performing exercises which can be applied to every move.
+1
Mr Tsatsouline's Naked Warrior has many clear instructions about how to perfom "hardstyle" : keeping high tension, prevent leakage, push the earth down, pull your self to lower position, pull the bar down, power breathing...

“Hardstyle”... is an umbrella term for all my teachings (kettlebell, barbell, bodyweight, mobility, flexibility, etc.), views strength as a skill and reverse engineers the body language of the strongest people in the world.

- Pavel, in: Hard Style Abs

A kettlebell hardstyle exercise can rejuvenate your back, hip and hamstring flexibility you’ve lost from years of sitting. It can also help improve your bad posture caused by hours of sitting before the computer.

Hello,

Just stumbled accross this regarding the plank:

Kind regards,

Pet'
Came across this same article when researching a little in the way of core stability, which is something I neglect (DBFS causes my core to give way before my legs), but physio is adamant I must do it to manage ongoing hip tendonopathy. I was aware of a ‘hard style plank’, and this left me wanting to face plant the floor after ten seconds.

Paired with two sets of weighted v-ups, I like to think this will prove to be a solid isolation exercise to fit in around ROP, unless there are any suggestions besides v-ups?

Came across this same article when researching a little in the way of core stability, which is something I neglect (DBFS causes my core to give way before my legs), but physio is adamant I must do it to manage ongoing hip tendonopathy. I was aware of a ‘hard style plank’, and this left me wanting to face plant the floor after ten seconds.

Paired with two sets of weighted v-ups, I like to think this will prove to be a solid isolation exercise to fit in around ROP, unless there are any suggestions besides v-ups?

oss comrade,

I'm also doing RoP and I was also looking for Core Stability Exercises. The Hardstyle Plank is perfect, but in Hardstyle Abs, Pavel suggests doing Hanging Leg Raises. Im not able to do HLR because I dont have a pullup bar .. an alternative is to do hollowbody rocks on the floor, these are really kicking your core.

Power to you!

oss comrade,

I'm also doing RoP and I was also looking for Core Stability Exercises. The Hardstyle Plank is perfect, but in Hardstyle Abs, Pavel suggests doing Hanging Leg Raises. Im not able to do HLR because I dont have a pullup bar .. an alternative is to do hollowbody rocks on the floor, these are really kicking your core.

Power to you!
Thanks for the suggestion re hollow body rocks, as I also don’t have a pull up bar.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom