all posts post new thread

Kettlebell heart rate doing RKC Deep 6

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

thegoldengod

Level 5 Valued Member
Workout: A Group Lesson Plan for Conquering the Deep 6 | StrongFirst
Time: ~20 minutes
Sets: 3/5 - couldn't get to 5x5 yet
Working Weight: 24kg (just started with this weight 2 weeks ago)

Height: 5'11
Weight: 173lb
Kettlebell Experience: 2 years

I used an Apple Watch Series 3 to measure my heart rate. Noticed I stayed within my MAF zone for the most part, but there were times my heart rate peaked past, and I just kept going until I finished the set. Is the general theory to stop and rest as soon as the heart rate starts reaching the MAF number, or finish what you're doing and then rest?

Attachments

• IMG_1553.PNG
    IMG_1553.PNG
    165.4 KB · Views: 20
@thegoldengod I don't see heart rate mentioned in the Deep 6 article, so your question is unclear -- i.e. "general theory" -- for what purpose?

If AGT or A+A training, each protocol is a little different, but none that I know of have you watching the heart rate during the work set and stopping when it reaches a certain number.

If you're just working on doing the Deep 6 progression outlined there, then don't worry about your heart rate, just do what you can and some part of your body will stop you when you must stop (Deep 6 is evil like that ;) ).

But in any case, the HR indications are probably about right from what I can tell -- you're working hard, but not close to maxed out.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom