all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Heart Rate - How Does the Amount of Increase Above Resting Relate to Improvements?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Thank you, Al. In my case, although I don't have much higher intensity "cardio" type exercise, I do have my strength training's intensity, and I guess I do have some higher intensity "cardio" type exercise in that I do some Q&D training. I say "I guess" because Q&D type training is so much more tolerable to me than Zone 2 aerobic work. I feel like I did a lifetime's worth of trying to find Zone 2 and failing because I overtrained in the 20-25 years I ran, cycled, and swam, so I'll have to say that I'm probably prejudiced in this regard.

I fidget at the computer while reading and writing on the StrongFirst Forum; does that count as not being idle? :)

That's interesting. I hadn't considered it and honestly, I don't get it, but I don't know nearly as much as you about how all this works. Care to say more on this?

Indeed, I am a legend in my own mind when it comes to my health and fitness.ROFL

Thank you, Al.

-S-
Re: breathing... I’d say that you can look at it, from a cardiovascular-pulmonary perspective, as driving the same adaptations but using a different catalyst. Exercise is muscular work causing the metabolic disturbance—low ATP, increased acidity, pressure to use oxygen; while breath control does this, perhaps to a lesser degree, by manipulating the movement of O2 and CO2. The system will adapt to the challenge in each case.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom