all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Heart Rate Monitor Options

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

David C

Level 5 Valued Member
There are a number of options for heart rate monitors. What kind of data are you guys getting from arm band heart rate monitors? Consistent and accurate? What should I be considering in terms of choosing chest vs armband? It seems like it would be a pain to wear a chest strap all day (night) if trying to get a broader picture of heart rate. Any specific device suggestions?

I use a polar chest band. It's fine for workout but I wouldn't wear it all day.

Personally I dont think an arm band would work for me - too many kettlebell lifts end up on my forearm (TGU, press, snatch) or at least close to the upper arm (cleans), sooner or later I would be bound to squish the monitor.

I have a Scosche rhythm + which sits on the arm. It wouldn't hold charge for long enough for your purpose but it's fantastic for working out. If it is not convenient to have on your wrist for any reason you can put it on your calf or anywhere else that you have blood flow.

Much more convenient than a chest strap in my experience.

I got the Polar H7 chest strap as its accurate R-R intervals allow for the use of HRV measurements if you want that sort of thing. Personally I find the HRV readings very useful.

Compatible Devices - Elite HRV

I don't find wearing the chest strap an issue at all and wear it for every S&S session I do.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom