Heart Rate Monitor with Alarms

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations - Other Training-Related' started by Steve Freides, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Anna C

Anna C More than 5000 posts Elite Certified Instructor

H10 is good, yes. Can use the free Polar Beat app or probably any other apps - it's bluetooth.

Wash with hands with a little soap or just rinse with water. I have put mine in the washer, too, with no ill effects. With the monitor removed, of course.

Steve Freides likes this.
  2. Steve Freides

Steve Freides Forum Administrator Senior Certified Instructor

Very good and thanks, @Anna C.

FWIW, I have only wet the inner surface the first time I used it - after that, I tried without and it picks me up just fine every time. I imagine it has to do with individual body chemistry or some such.

Mine has worked well - had to replace the battery once so far.

-S-

3. Anna C

Anna C More than 5000 posts Elite Certified Instructor

Me too -- the H10 just works every time as soon as I put it on. I used to have to use a little water or gel with the H7 and with my Garmin strap.

Steve Freides likes this.
  4. JonC

JonC Double-Digit Post Count

Mine picks up well without water but sometimes the rate changes get a little jumpy.

5. frederickk

frederickk Double-Digit Post Count

I use the Polar V800. Great watch that allows you to lock into your specific zones or sport zones.

6. DrFierce

DrFierce Double-Digit Post Count

This is a dumb question but I’m using my Polar chest monitor with the app and cannot figure out how to set my own HR zones. Am I missing something obvious or is this not possible?

7. Steve Freides

It sets the zones based on your maximum heart rate. I don’t think you can change the zones because they’re percentages of Max HR.

-S-

8. DrFierce

DrFierce Double-Digit Post Count

is there a way to change the max heart rate?

9. Steve Freides

Yes. I think you input that yourself. Settings, User.

-S-

DrFierce likes this.
  10. offwidth

offwidth More than 5000 posts

My Polar 'calculates' HRmax. Based on age input.
    Notoriously inaccurate method. It may be statistically close for a large population, but unlikely to be correct for an individual. Although for most of us not trying to win Olympic medals, it may be close enough.

The only accurate HRmax is one that is ascertained by a test.

DrFierce likes this.
  11. Steve Freides

You can overwrite what it calculates - I did.

-S-

offwidth likes this.