all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Heart Rate Monitor with Alarms

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
should i get the h10?

H10 is good, yes. Can use the free Polar Beat app or probably any other apps - it's bluetooth.

An H10 question - how does one wash/clean the strap?

Wash with hands with a little soap or just rinse with water. I have put mine in the washer, too, with no ill effects. With the monitor removed, of course.

Very good and thanks, @Anna C.

FWIW, I have only wet the inner surface the first time I used it - after that, I tried without and it picks me up just fine every time. I imagine it has to do with individual body chemistry or some such.

Mine has worked well - had to replace the battery once so far.

-S-

FWIW, I have only wet the inner surface the first time I used it - after that, I tried without and it picks me up just fine every time.

Me too -- the H10 just works every time as soon as I put it on. I used to have to use a little water or gel with the H7 and with my Garmin strap.

FWIW, I have only wet the inner surface the first time I used it - after that, I tried without and it picks me up just fine every time. I imagine it has to do with individual body chemistry or some such.

Mine picks up well without water but sometimes the rate changes get a little jumpy.

This is a dumb question but I’m using my Polar chest monitor with the app and cannot figure out how to set my own HR zones. Am I missing something obvious or is this not possible?

This is a dumb question but I’m using my Polar chest monitor with the app and cannot figure out how to set my own HR zones. Am I missing something obvious or is this not possible?
It sets the zones based on your maximum heart rate. I don’t think you can change the zones because they’re percentages of Max HR.

-S-

My Polar 'calculates' HRmax. Based on age input.
Notoriously inaccurate method. It may be statistically close for a large population, but unlikely to be correct for an individual. Although for most of us not trying to win Olympic medals, it may be close enough.

The only accurate HRmax is one that is ascertained by a test.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom