all posts post new thread

Barbell Heaviest barbell snatch ever: 222kg/489lbs

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I don't care if he takes every performance enhancing drug ever created, this is effing impressive. The snatch looked so easy - I like how Seb in the video had to look at it several times. I too had to view it more than once. The clean also looked easy - his front squat recovery was so fast. The jerk looked like it took a bit of effort as he had to take that one for a walk. Lasha is 2 kilos from getting the magic 500 lbs. snatch and 3 kilos from a 600 C&J. I think we'll see a 227 kilo snatch from him possibly during this summer's Olympics. Will we see a 273/600 C&J? We may need to wait for that one but I think Lasha has it in him. The jerk wasn't so difficult that he couldn't add another 3 kilos.

I wonder how many NFL teams have contacted him.
Probably none. Being a lineman takes a certain skill set that Lasha likely does not have. Could the skills be developed? Sure, but I doubt that an NFL team would want to invest the time and money given that there are so many college players who have developed the skill set through 4 years of college play, most likely 4 years of high school play, and probably some Pop Warner-type play.

Where I do see a future for Lasha is Strongman. Mikhail Koklyaev has competed in powerlifting, Olympic weightlifting, and strongman. While he's never won a world's strongest man he has had respectable finishes in several contests.

I'd be very happy if I could C&J 1 Lasha.
I could C&J , with bad form, a .82 Lasha, in 1987. Could snatch a 1.55 Steve, also bad form, BW of 240 lb.
Have enjoyed watching the European and Asian World Championships.

I think the gal that won the 59 kg Asian Championships would have beat me.

Last edited:
Probably none. Being a lineman takes a certain skill set that Lasha likely does not have. Could the skills be developed? Sure, but I doubt that an NFL team would want to invest the time and money given that there are so many college players who have developed the skill set through 4 years of college play, most likely 4 years of high school play, and probably some Pop Warner-type play.

Where I do see a future for Lasha is Strongman. Mikhail Koklyaev has competed in powerlifting, Olympic weightlifting, and strongman. While he's never won a world's strongest man he has had respectable finishes in several contests.
I have a couple cups of coffee experience in that realm. He looks like an OT to me. Fast feet and hands. Top guys make 15-18 mil a year. Scouts will occasionally look outside of college football, like with Eric Swann. Although he was not living in another country and playing a different sport when they found him.

I have a couple cups of coffee experience in that realm. He looks like an OT to me. Fast feet and hands. Top guys make 15-18 mil a year. Scouts will occasionally look outside of college football, like with Eric Swann. Although he was not living in another country and playing a different sport when they found him.
I appreciate your perspective. Along with living in another country, I don't believe Lasha speaks any English, so you've got the language barrier to deal with. He probably doesn't even know the rules of American football. I could see him getting called for holding and blocking in the back just from lack of knowledge and experience. I agree that Lasha has the raw skills to be an OT but I would just be very surprised if any NFL team would be willing to take the time and spend the money to get him to a basic level of football knowledge.

I appreciate your perspective. Along with living in another country, I don't believe Lasha speaks any English, so you've got the language barrier to deal with. He probably doesn't even know the rules of American football. I could see him getting called for holding and blocking in the back just from lack of knowledge and experience. I agree that Lasha has the raw skills to be an OT but I would just be very surprised if any NFL team would be willing to take the time and spend the money to get him to a basic level of football knowledge.
Agreed, although the NBA will spend some dollars from time to time looking for raw height talent.
This post from the other side. NFL OL,DL,LB's and TE's, oly lifting only from an early age. Might be a few more Lashas out there.

Agreed, although the NBA will spend some dollars from time to time looking for raw height talent.
This post from the other side. NFL OL,DL,LB's and TE's, oly lifting only from an early age. Might be a few more Lashas out there.
Manute Bol hot streak, a classic.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom