all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Hector Gutierrez, Jr.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

John Grahill

Level 8 Valued Member
Don't know if anyone has been following Hector's "Strong as Hec" site but I stumbled upon it last month. I've been trying to get steadily back into kettlebell training on and off all the past year. Been doing dumbbell/barbell work instead and nursing some injuries.

Did a round of the ROP last year and had hopes of doing another round of Strong and life got in the way and training got derailed.

After reading through Hector's site, I decided to use one of his free programs, "workout snacks" using the double bell clean and press. It's very similar to "Strong" which I like in that it gives a quick workout using a big bang for buck movement (Plan 803A).

About to finish week three day three and am enjoying a rekindling of kettlebell training. (I'm using double 36s, initially started with double 40s but realized quickly my base skill level and strength isn't what it was. Hell, I'm also 53 now!)

May use this 803A to jump start going into phase two of strong using the "short course" rather than "slow and steady" which I used my last time through and tackling phase 3 with the 36s which I didn't do.

Admittedly I miss Geoff Neupert and his writings and emails however between Hector and Chris Lopez, Geoff s style of programming lives on.

I am forever grateful that Hector offered to mentor me and take me under his wing...

If you have money to spare, grab his double kettlebell manifesto, plan701a is a game changer

I am forever grateful that Hector offered to mentor me and take me under his wing...

If you have money to spare, grab his double kettlebell manifesto, plan701a is a game changer

@Mark Limbaga :
I hear you. Still owe you thanks for this recommendation. Already purchased DKBM, which is next on my list of "ToDo´s". You are a very bad influence! :cool:

@Hector G is really a nice guy and his programs kicks a#@ just from the reading of it. Actually I had a few of Geoffs programs in queue, but I will put them behind in favor of 701a. <3

I trained with Hector for almost 5 years, highly recommended. He knows his stuff. I haven’t had a chance to flip through his double kettlebell manifesto. Saw a sneak preview and it looks great.

@Mark Limbaga :
I hear you. Still owe you thanks for this recommendation. Already purchased DKBM, which is next on my list of "ToDo´s". You are a very bad influence! :cool:

@Hector G is really a nice guy and his programs kicks a#@ just from the reading of it. Actually I had a few of Geoffs programs in queue, but I will put them behind in favor of 701a. <3

Don't thank me yet.. And don't say I didn't warn you about 701a :D

I've just purchased DBKM- wow.....Dry Fighting Weight has been moderately challenging with 16kgs- but DBKM 701A is a different beast. I'm wishing I could buy 18kg kb's- I'm not sure whether dbl 20kg's is a weight I could handle at this stage (for the heavy days). I can't wait to test myself after DFW- that will let me know where I'm at. Whatever happens, I'll come out stronger afterwards.

Last edited:
I've just purchased DBKM- wow.....Dry Fighting Weight has been moderately challenging with 16kgs- but DBKM 701A is a different beast. I'm wishing I could buy 18kg kb's- I'm not sure whether dbl 20kg's is a weight I could handle at this stage (for the heavy days). I can't wait to test myself after DFW- that will let me know where I'm at. Whatever happens, I'll come out stronger afterwards.

The genesis program is closer to DFW, 701a/b are complexes so just a little different

Gentlemen, thank you so much for you interest. Currently DKBM is only available to my email subscribers. I'm diligently working on getting it launched to the blog this weekend.

My subscribers get all of my plans first (at a discount) prior to a public launch.

Thank you to those that have already purchased :)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom