all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Hector Gutierrez, Jr.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Gentlemen, thank you so much for you interest. Currently DKBM is only available to my email subscribers. I'm diligently working on getting it launched to the blog this weekend.

My subscribers get all of my plans first (at a discount) prior to a public launch.

Thank you to those that have already purchased :)

When will the bodyweight/kettlebell program be released?! :)

Started Genesis today, solid day. Can’t wait to get further in the program and see how it goes. I haven’t trained KB’s in a while so this should work perfectly to get back into things.

The genesis program is closer to DFW, 701a/b are complexes so just a little different

I subscribed and got the link to purchase DB Kettlebell Manifesto. I'm really tempted to pull the trigger.

But since I have "Shock and Awe", TTC, and "The Wolf" from MKM on my list of DB KB programs to run, I certainly don't need it.

Can anyone give a little more info on Plan 701A/B? Or maybe the whole package. (I think there are four programs covering 30 weeks. A/B may be 2 of the 4.)

Where does it fall on the spectrum of double KB programs? Does it require dropping down to significantly lighter kbs? (For example, your max one-arm press is 32kg but you run this with 16kgs.)

How time intensive is it?

Strength-oriented or 'burn'- oriented, if that makes sense?

Does it have double snatches and jerks (I"m assuming it has C&P and front squats).

Is this good replacement for the impossible to find KB Muscle?

Thanks all.

Last edited:
I subscribed and got the link to purchase DB Kettlebell Manifesto. I'm really tempted to pull the trigger.

But since I have "Shock and Awe", TTC, and "The Wolf" from MKM on my list of DB KB programs to run, I certainly don't need it.

Can anyone give a little more info on Plan 701A/B? Or maybe the whole package. (I think there are four programs covering 30 weeks. A/B may be 2 of the 4.)

Where does it fall on the spectrum of double KB programs? Does it require dropping down to significantly lighter kbs? (For example, your max one-arm press is 32kg but you run this with 16kgs.)

Does it have double snatches and jerks (I"m assuming it has C&P and front squats).

Thanks all.

Without giving too much away, For the most part it’s bells you can press 8-10/5-7 and for some you can snatch 4-6 times. I’m on genesis right now, love it. 701a/b are complexes based around what I assume is planstrong. There is Snatches in 701, there’s jerks in the 4th program. For the sessions, I’ve done so far it’s been about 15ish minutes. I haven’t gone through 701 but I can see it being a good replacement for KBM

Thanks all.

I often said KBM was the girl I was forever attracted to, 701a was the one who captured my heart.

without divulging too much info, its conservative in nature compared to shocm and awe, kbm..

However, it is equally or probably even more potent and has a huge WTH effect to your other lifts. (I unlocked a 50kg getup on my left side, 50kg bent press, double 36kg push press 4 reps)

Another question, for those who have done it - how many sets of bells, and at what % of 1RM do you need? Or put differently, if one were to complete a program like Strong phase 1 (or phase 2?) with a certain pair of bells, would they be ready to start this program?

Thanks to all for their insaight here!

Another question, for those who have done it - how many sets of bells, and at what % of 1RM do you need? Or put differently, if one were to complete a program like Strong phase 1 (or phase 2?) with a certain pair of bells, would they be ready to start this program?

Thanks to all for their insaight here!

I used 16,20,24 for 701 did it mostly with 20s

I am more than a little impressed with Hector's product- I've purchased multiple Geoff Neupert programs when he had his sale, and Hector's products are easily on par. The information, instructions and especially the detailed science behind 'why' and 'when' is GOLD. I've got enough to keep my training schedule full for quite some time now!

I am more than a little impressed with Hector's product- I've purchased multiple Geoff Neupert programs when he had his sale, and Hector's products are easily on par. The information, instructions and especially the detailed science behind 'why' and 'when' is GOLD. I've got enough to keep my training schedule full for quite some time now!

This exactly. Thanks for putting my thoughts into words. I enjoyed Hec´s DKBM just from scrolling through it, that I rescheduled my whole strength plan for this year to integrate it anyhow in the near future.

@Hector G :
Now please release your "Perfect KB Program" to destroy my plans completely. I guess I can´t resist! :p

#program_addict

Hector has released his "Perfect KB Plan". I've just printed it off ( on fancy premium copier paper) as well as the AWESOME "SAH 4-Week Transition Phase". While I need all the sleep I can get- I've just got to go through all this awesome information now.

Full disclosure, I was really sad when Geoff decided to retire in 2016. As fate would have it, Hector took me under his wing a year later. I am forever grateful and enjoy his programs.

p.s. strength plan001 is a game-changer.. If you have the dkb manifesto, sp001 and his snatch compendium, you are basically set indefinitely

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom