all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Hello everyone!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Erik Hournou

Level 7 Valued Member
hey, i just wanted to introduce myself, i have started S&S a couple months ago after I made my own set of homemade kettlebells (approx. 10kg, 24kg, 35kg and 40kg)
right now my sessions look like this:

warm up:
shoulder dynamic stretching
crawling
goblets with 35kg 3x5
SLDL 3x2 w/ 35kg

Swings: 10 x10 with the 35 and some sets with the 40kg
get ups: 10 w/ 35kg
bent press: 10 w/35kg

takes me between 10 and 15 minutes to complete the swings, without rushing, I'm thinking of starting to compress the rest intervals a little bit.

then a couple of hours later I'll usually do some easy strength style training if i feel like it:

close grip pseudo planche pushups or one arm pushups: 3x3
pistol squats: 3x3

and then one of the following:
rope climbs: 3 climbs of 3 meters
or
Dragon flags: 3x3

that's it, I train about 5-6 days per week and am making good progress, right now my main concern is slowing down the getups and compressing the rest intervals on the swings, anyways i've been meaning to register for some time now, everyone here is very helpful and i've learnt a lot just browsing the forums, so thank you to everyone here! also any critique welcome.

-Erik

@Erik Hournou, welcome to the StrongFirst forum.

It sounds like a lot of stuff on top of S&S - be careful about spreading yourself too thin.

If you'd like to post videos of your swing and your getup, that would help everyone give you advice on how you're doing.

-S-

thank you! yeah i just cut everything off the other day cuz i was accumulating fatigue! I even stopped using the 40kg to be on the safe side, will do the standard SS for a couple of weeks then i'll attempt the simple standard and see what happens.

I love your homemade kettlebell! And your swings are awesome! Get-ups are fine too -- could refine a few things to the new SFG standard, but no major issues IMO.

Excuse me sir, what is the brand of the kettlebell? By the way, your swing is very good.

The knee caving in is due to an internal hip rotation, it didnt totally collapse from what I saw to be anything alarming

that bell is awesome! do you train with that rock pile behind you? I used to love lifting and throwing rocks, havent done it in a wile. could be my goto this Summer. haha.

that bell is awesome! do you train with that rock pile behind you? I used to love lifting and throwing rocks, haven't done it in a wile. could be my goto this Summer. haha.
@Keep Lifting thanks! nope, those are split logs for the fireplace! it's getting cold here haha. I do have a selection of flat rocks with varying weights, mostly use them for grip practice, or bottoms up presses, they really change it up, don't use them that often though

@Don Fairbanks Thank you!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom