all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Hello plus question on UK Kettlebell handle gaps

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

NWB

First Post
Hi guys

Read this forum for some time but this is my first post. I am thinking of taking the SFG 1 course next year and am currently at 80 snatches in 5 mins with the 24kg bell.

I have been using some standard cast kettlebells and can do a fair few snatches in a week without wrecking my hands/wrists.

Recently I bought some We R sports premium kettlebells and I cant use them without seriously hurting my wrists. At first I assumed it was poor technique but on inspection I see the gap between the bell and the handle is smaller than my regular cast bells. Approximately 6 cm gap as opposed to 7 cm. This gap makes all the difference and even holding the new bells in the rack or overhead is quite painful.

My questions are - has anyone else had that experience with bells before? Secondly can anyone tell me the handle gap size for 24KG Rogue kettlebells or some other similar quality make.

Thanks

I've just nipped out to measure the gap on some of my Wolverson cast iron bells and it seems to be a pretty consistent 8cm-ish.

Yes, Wolverson have 7,5 cm clearance on most bells. I have had the same issue and bought a couple of those colored cast iron KBs. I like them a lot. Customer support is also very friendly.

I have had tje same issue with some lesser known kettlebell brands. Everything just felt off.

Thanks for posting your question, I thought it was just me

Me too. I had a bell with too little clearance from the handle to the bell so it was sitting right at the wrist joint, instead of the forearm. I couldn't even do TGU. I returned it.

Thanks for all the replies and measurements - actually makes me feel a lot happier.

I did try again last night and tried to get my hands round the bell much quicker - felt slightly better but still too many bumps for me to really consider keeping them.

Will have a look into the Wolverson bells. Their location is a bit far from where I live. I'd love to try some brands out before buying. I live in the South of England - anyone know of any decent outlets in that area?

We have a forum for Product Recommendations here - a lot of brands have already been discussed. I am going to move this thread there.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom