all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Help me choose my next program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

njrick1

Level 5 Valued Member
Hello Strongfirst, after reaching Sinister and the ROP, I am looking for a new program. My goals are generally to feel good, move well and look good.

My thoughts are...

A. S&S with the 56kg, simply because I love the program
B. S&S twice a week with easy strength 3x a week. (i'm thinking deadlift, goblet squat, pull up, dips, but open to suggestions here)
C. S&S twice a week with OS performance style training on other days (distance carries, loaded crawling, sprints)

On the side I would do light running (2 runs a week, 5 miles combined) yoga and crawling.

I'm having a tough time deciding and would love some input,

Thank you!

Congrats on bagging sinister. Did you get you name on the website yet? I'd say you should go for the beast master challenge. Good luck in whatever you do.

First things first Congrats on achieving Sinister. I would say it depends what you want to do next. B sounds like a good option

Any thoughts of a program with weight overhead -- snatches, C&J, bent press?

I voted for B, but given your proven strength it would be great to see you go for some new big hairy audacious goal. Beast master is a great idea but it could be doing A+A really heavy or Rucking 12 miles with a 70 pound pack.

What would get you excited to get to your workouts?

I voted for B.
Why not a double bell program ? Or something with bent press (with a dumbbell, you will put more than 48kg overhead).
... and congratulations for reaching sinister !!

Congratulations on achieving Sinister! As you are that strong already and your goal is to feel good, C sounds like a very good solution to me. I would guess that working on crawling etc (+S&S maintenance) would do more to reach your goals than going from 48 to 56, but Im just guessing.

Sounds intriguing but that would require learning some new skills, does a particular program come to mind?

Al's A+A (www.bewellandstrong.com), Pavel M's Royal S&S, The Quick and the Dead, Hector's C&J programs, lots of Geoff Neupert programs... The only ones I have direct experience with are Al's. But, if you're to Sinister and haven't done much snatching, now is a great time!

So many options. You really need to find out what you want. I had actually voted A, you could go even 60kg if that is your range and if you still love the program at this point(wow). Last week I had posted a video of Dariusz Reinhard doing Sinister with 60kg somewhere On the forum, you can find it on YouTube.

By the way can you share how long did it took you and some details on your experience, size ?

So many options. You really need to find out what you want. I had actually voted A, you could go even 60kg if that is your range and if you still love the program at this point(wow). Last week I had posted a video of Dariusz Reinhard doing Sinister with 60kg somewhere On the forum, you can find it on YouTube.

By the way can you share how long did it took you and some details on your experience, size ?

Sure, I got S&S as soon as it came out. Prior to that I was working the program minimum with the 24kg and was new to kbs. I occasionally took short breaks for etk or getting too tight, but always felt best on S&S and felt that etk was too much volume. I progressed about one bell per year (24, 32, 40, 48). I was using the 48 for about two years before I successfully tested sinister, which felt difficult but not too difficult. Additional training consisted of orginal strength resets and long crawls.

I progressed about one bell per year (24, 32, 40, 48). I was using the 48 for about two years before I successfully tested sinister, which felt difficult but not too difficult.

That's really cool that you did that! Maybe you could submit a blog article! Sounds like great dedication, consistency... Maybe not getting strong as fast as possible, but you got strong, with the S&S program! That's awesome. Would love to hear more about how things changed with your physical abilities, muscular development, etc... How the program served you well in your life as regular training, what your mindset was as you progressed slowly but surely... all very interesting.

That's really cool that you did that! Maybe you could submit a blog article! Sounds like great dedication, consistency... Maybe not getting strong as fast as possible, but you got strong, with the S&S program! That's awesome. Would love to hear more about how things changed with your physical abilities, muscular development, etc... How the program served you well in your life as regular training, what your mindset was as you progressed slowly but surely... all very interesting.

Thank you for the kind words, I'd be honored to share more.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom