all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Help me choose my next program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Sure. I think @Karen Smith trained with easy strength approach to her Iron maiden challenge.
Yes I used an Easy Strength approach for Iron Maiden. I have Also programmed for many people to do IM and Beast Tamer plus have many other programs. Including my ebook program called REFiNE.

Thanks for tagging me.

That's really cool that you did that! Maybe you could submit a blog article! Sounds like great dedication, consistency... Maybe not getting strong as fast as possible, but you got strong, with the S&S program! That's awesome. Would love to hear more about how things changed with your physical abilities, muscular development, etc... How the program served you well in your life as regular training, what your mindset was as you progressed slowly but surely... all very interesting.

I am fairly busy so I certainly did not get bored and welcomed the short, simple training, especially since I kept progressing. It was cool to think that I was hitting a PR almost every month as I slowly added the heavier bells or reduced my time. Whenever I would switch to ETK, I would often feel rushed during my training because I didn't have a lot of time (still didn't miss a rep), which is why I didn't rest enough and this likely contributed to me feeling better on S&S. I didn't have anything specific to train for, so I always had a "park bench" mindset. Also, whenever I get anywhere near an overuse injury and have to take some time off from training, I am much less happy and therefore avoid that at all costs.

As far as physical abilities...
bottoms up work feels really easy
I was able to build up to a 1/4 mile crawl (back and forth) in under 6 minutes, but I'm unsure if what role S&S played here.
After only a few running sessions, I can run a lot better than when I ran consistently six years ago.
I attended BJJ for a couple of years and was never the first person to get tired.
I wish I had more opportunity to test my abilities, but @Steve Freides recent suggestion of TSC could change that as I am leaning towards easy strength TSC programming alongside biweekly S&S as my next program. I also plan on entering a few 5ks, without running more than 5 miles per week to prepare, so hopefully, my gained strength will help me in these competitive endeavors.

As far as the effect on muscular development, I definitely gained some size at first but then started eating less and got leaner.

I am fairly busy so I certainly did not get bored and welcomed the short, simple training, especially since I kept progressing. It was cool to think that I was hitting a PR almost every month as I slowly added the heavier bells or reduced my time. Whenever I would switch to ETK, I would often feel rushed during my training because I didn't have a lot of time (still didn't miss a rep), which is why I didn't rest enough and this likely contributed to me feeling better on S&S. I didn't have anything specific to train for, so I always had a "park bench" mindset. Also, whenever I get anywhere near an overuse injury and have to take some time off from training, I am much less happy and therefore avoid that at all costs.

As far as physical abilities...
bottoms up work feels really easy
I was able to build up to a 1/4 mile crawl (back and forth) in under 6 minutes, but I'm unsure if what role S&S played here.
After only a few running sessions, I can run a lot better than when I ran consistently six years ago.
I attended BJJ for a couple of years and was never the first person to get tired.
I wish I had more opportunity to test my abilities, but @Steve Freides recent suggestion of TSC could change that as I am leaning towards easy strength TSC programming alongside biweekly S&S as my next program. I also plan on entering a few 5ks, without running more than 5 miles per week to prepare, so hopefully, my gained strength will help me in these competitive endeavors.

As far as the effect on muscular development, I definitely gained some size at first but then started eating less and got leaner.

TSC would seem to be the right direction with such a solid base.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom