all posts post new thread

Bodyweight help my to increase my reps

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

@quentin__bsbl
As long as you notice a progression in the different abilities you are training for, while not being "drained" during the day or having aches and pain, you are on the good way. The upper limit of a training is our ability to recover.

A 24kg is more than enough to get extremely strong, but one has to be "smart".

For instance, if you do not have access to heavy weight, I would suggest to add specific exercises for the core (OAP can be one of them). A well rounded core will help you to endure the marches under load, will help posture for running and obstacles, etc... Basically, it means: anti extension (plank, dragon flag, etc...), anti rotation (Palloff press, wipers, etc...), anti-flexion with neutral spine (HLR), anti lateral flexion (side plank, carries, etc...). Usually, heavy loads engage the core a lot. However, if you do not have access to them, and do not follow an extensive diet of 'light' C&P (like RZ or RoP), then adding a specific core routine can be interesting.

Your training sounds well rounded to me. I would just add either C&P or even only Presses (it will strengthen core). Do not need to go crazy on the volume. 24 is an excellent weight to do so because it allows volume (which will build endurance) but is heavy enough to gain strength as well. For instance, if you follow a not too high rep frame for FPP, you can do the same amount with C&P / P

Kind regards,

Pet'
ok I will inquire about the core exercises. For the C&P I will inquire about RZ and RoP.

Hello,

@quentin__bsbl
RoP could be demanding due to the waving volume.

RZ has almost the same volume (150 presses a week instead of 155 for RoP). RZ is:
- 25 presses - 100 swings - 25 presses.
- weight is roughly your 6RM
- 3x a week

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@quentin__bsbl
RoP could be demanding due to the waving volume.

RZ has almost the same volume (150 presses a week instead of 155 for RoP). RZ is:
- 25 presses - 100 swings - 25 presses.
- weight is roughly your 6RM
- 3x a week

Kind regards,

Pet'
ok and if i add this to my schedule, do i remove S&S or keep it?

Hello,

@quentin__bsbl
If we assume you do S&S 6x a week, you can do it on alternate days. So you'll get S&S 3x a week, and RZ 3x a week. Doing so, RZ will follow the regular schedule. Progression may be slower for S&S then, but as your goal is not to get to Timeless Simple or even Simple...

Do not neglect stretching, flexibility and mobility. TGU offers a great deal of this. You can add some crawling as well.

You can do an elaborate routine (Flexible Steel, etc...) or something more minimalist (front split and side split, deep squat, toe touch (both standing and from the ground), full back bridge, twist hold / pigeon stretch)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@quentin__bsbl
If we assume you do S&S 6x a week, you can do it on alternate days. So you'll get S&S 3x a week, and RZ 3x a week. Doing so, RZ will follow the regular schedule. Progression may be slower for S&S then, but as your goal is not to get to Timeless Simple or even Simple...

Do not neglect stretching, flexibility and mobility. TGU offers a great deal of this. You can add some crawling as well.

You can do an elaborate routine (Flexible Steel, etc...) or something more minimalist (front split and side split, deep squat, toe touch (both standing and from the ground), full back bridge, twist hold / pigeon stretch)

Kind regards,

Pet'
I started RZ, and I love it so I'm going to do this 3x week and S&S 3x week too.

thank you for all your advice, they are very precious to me

Q

Hello,

@quentin__bsbl
I am glad it helps (at least I hope it helps).

If I remember correctly, there are dips as a test events. If you can, test yourself on it. Several options are possible if you do not have dip bars:
- chairs (assuming they are stable and have high backrest)
- rings (hanging from a pull up bar)

Ring dips are way harder than bar dips. So if you can pass the test with ring dips then it should be easier on bar. Usually, there is a good carryover from OVH presses to dips. Dial your technique as well on this move to avoid injury while reaping the benefits.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@quentin__bsbl
I am glad it helps (at least I hope it helps).

If I remember correctly, there are dips as a test events. If you can, test yourself on it. Several options are possible if you do not have dip bars:
- chairs (assuming they are stable and have high backrest)
- rings (hanging from a pull up bar)

Ring dips are way harder than bar dips. So if you can pass the test with ring dips then it should be easier on bar. Usually, there is a good carryover from OVH presses to dips. Dial your technique as well on this move to avoid injury while reaping the benefits.

Kind regards,

Pet'
I will look to buy some, it will be silly to spoil my test for wanting to save $ 20. And if I do weighted dips, can that replace OAP?

Q

Hello,

@quentin__bsbl
As far as triceps are concerned, yes. As far as chest and shoulders are concerned, only to a certain extent. Core is less engaged in dips.

From a general standpoint, dips are a vertical push, whereas push ups are horizontal push.

Assuming you do weighted dips and a well rounded core routine, there will be a transfer to OAP.

Nonetheless, OAP with a slight elevation (a brick, a few books...) to get more ROM will help your bench, which is also in your test. The more you can mimic a test, the less 'surprise' you may have.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom