all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Help with time!

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Maine-ah KB

Level 7 Valued Member
Lets start with the Good. I'm gotten a promotion at work, my girlfriend is going to Grad school and i'm healthy. BAD: were i'm working is understaffed at the moment (hired highschoolers who ether quit or got them selves fired) so my schedule is in flux almost all the time. my sleep paterns are irratic at best now. i'm helping my girlfriend prepare and move. long and short of it is I'm having trouble scheduling S&S sessions with consistency and it may be like this for a while. at this point i'm just trying to maintain my Strength and conditioning.
Two thoughts
1) The Simply Sinister plan by Mr. Hetzler The Simply Sinister Training Plan
2) Total Package Weekly Kettlebell Training template by Mr. Tsatsouline Total Package Weekly Kettlebell Training Template

If i went with option one were talking 8 to 15 mins of work at day or 56 mins to and 1hour 40 mins a week. it has the advantage being real short.
Option 2 would be 20-30 min Strength and 10-20 mins of conditioning or hour to hour and 40 mins week. this has the advantage of only being done 4days out of the week.
any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

Option 1.

With option 2 you have fixed days -> if you miss a session it throws off your whole training week or even month, because you have to cramp in the missed session on another day.
Or you just miss it without making up for it, but then you have the problem that the plan is already very minimalistic and you can't really afford to miss a session. You are already down to 2 strength sessions per week. Miss one and you're down to 1. Let this happen more than one or two times and you can pretty much forget to make progress.
Given your situation it's very likely that you will miss a couple of sessions...
With option 1 this isn't that much of an issue. S&S (and to a degree the Simply Sinister plan) is designed to be done 3-7x per week. So if you have a good week and get to do it 7x than that's nice for you, but if you have a bad week and only manage to do 2-3 sessions than that's still ok.
One of the beautys of S&S is the absence of fixed training-/rest-days, which leaves you much more open to the things that life throws at you without messing up your routine schedule.

Try the Simply Sinister and let us know how it goes.

I've continued to use it from time to time, did it yesterday with the 16kg. It's a solid option to get many (not all) of the benefits of straight S&S in a really quick session.

Try ETK PM. It works for many and I've used it myself in the past. I don't hesitate to start it again, when needed (time constraints, stress etc.).

Option 3:

2 sets of 1-arm kettlebell military presses, 1 'set' of 5-10 singles in the barbell deadlift.

And if you're really short on time, drop the second set of military presses.

And if you're really, really short on time, just deadlift. You cannot get much more bang for your time than doing 6 deadlift singles @ 75% - it can be done in 2 minutes if you do it without warmups. You'll have moved 1000 lbs., give or take, in your 2 minutes.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom