all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Hermann Görner's 'The Chain'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Chrisdavisjr

Level 7 Valued Member
I remember reading about German strongman Hermann Görner's Die Kette or The Chain in The Russian Kettlebell Challenge. It involves performing a snatch, press, clean and press all with the same arm on progressively heavier kettlebells.

I saw this video today (some of you here are probably already subscribers to this channel; those of you who aren't should definitely check out this guy's stuff) of The Chain being performed with kettlebells from 16kg to 64kg(!):

For those of you who don't speak Russian, the lifts start at 3 minutes in. If you have a decent collection of bells to play with and are feeling tough, give it a try and let me know how you get on.

I have tried it before and it is cool. Interesting that he does all bells with his right side. That's tough for sure... I remember reading it went something like start with right, next weight up is left, then right, etc.

I certainly admit that when I tried doing it the top end weights were nowhere near this gentleman's!

I remember reading about German strongman Hermann Görner's Die Kette or The Chain in The Russian Kettlebell Challenge. It involves performing a snatch, press, clean and press all with the same arm on progressively heavier kettlebells.

I saw this video today (some of you here are probably already subscribers to this channel; those of you who aren't should definitely check out this guy's stuff) of The Chain being performed with kettlebells from 16kg to 64kg(!):

For those of you who don't speak Russian, the lifts start at 3 minutes in. If you have a decent collection of bells to play with and are feeling tough, give it a try and let me know how you get on.

Wow! Casual strength.. He's probably GTG'd this stuff his whole life, like a job

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom