all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Hill sprints once per week?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

the hansenator

Level 6 Valued Member
Is once per week enough to enjoy the benefits of hill sprints?

I'm considering the following schedule:

Mon: strength
Wed: hill sprints
Fri: strength

Thanks.

Is once per week enough to enjoy the benefits of hill sprints?

I'm considering the following schedule:

Mon: strength
Wed: hill sprints
Fri: strength

Thanks.
Bear in mind that hill sprints can also be considered a strength (and power) exercise. But yes depending upon what your objectives are once a week would prove beneficial.
One of the things with Hill Sprints is that many people don't have a hill steep enough to do them justice.

There's a hill at a local park which seems about right, it takes 10-12 seconds for me to reach the top. I'm interested in sprints mostly as a power/explosive exercise. Exercises like swings and Olympic lifts don't agree with my back but I seem to tolerate sprints pretty well.

There's a hill at a local park which seems about right, it takes 10-12 seconds for me to reach the top. I'm interested in sprints mostly as a power/explosive exercise. Exercises like swings and Olympic lifts don't agree with my back but I seem to tolerate sprints pretty well.

Once (or twice at most) a week has worked well for me on these. Something very primal about running up a steep hill.

Simple, not easy!

When working on hill sprints, consider the words of Olympic champion Emil Zatopek:
"Why should I practice running slow? I already know how to run slow. I want to learn to run fast."
Being able to suddenly burst into speed is a valuable life skill, whether one is escaping or pursuing.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom