all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Hip mobility problems

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Tarzan If you have the desire, have those ligaments shortened and some bone screwed around the edges of the socket. I can't rotate far enough back to throw a ball anymore but it's not coming out anymore either.

Something I have always heard is, "I wish I would have received surgery sooner." I should have done it sooner but I'm glad I didn't wait longer for sure.

Yeah I've had that done @Bro Mo , it was mostly successful for about ten years until I ripped the bone graft off in a workplace incident.

A workmate got gassed with CO when I was working at a steel plant. I carried him up & out of the hole was in. He was unconscious and I had him over one shoulder and had to climb a ladder with one hand and it just popped the bone graft off.

I nearly got fired over that & it created a major workplace incident. In that situation I was supposed do things by the book and evacuate the area where the gas was and leave my mate to die. By going in there to save him I was putting more people at risk than there needed to be.

I didn't realise until I just wrote about it then but I'd completely wiped that memory and hadn't thought about it all for almost twenty years.

The OS rocking is great. An 'upgrade' from that is the so called 'Tactical Frog' as shown in Flexible Steel.

I use both actually. I use the rocking to get deeper into the hips and warm them up so that I can do the Tactical Frog and work on my side splits. Win/Win

Hello,

@Tarzan
First, you can be proud of you. Every one is safe and that is far the most important !

Regarding you hip mobility : frog walks / frog jumps / crawling / deep squats + deep lateral lunges are some options.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom