all posts post new thread

Nutrition Hit the Target Fat Loss question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

s f

Level 6 Valued Member
For those members who have tried/are familiar with this eating plan;my questions is in regard to the weight loss factor that one needs to get to a Jolly Day.

Target weight is 155#--divide by 100=1.55 or round off to 2.This is the weight factor and its multiples to achieve a Jolly Day.
Starting weight is 170---thus multiples of 2 to yield a Jolly Day--168,166,164,etc.

What if the weight goes down 3 pounds;or 5(rather than 2 or 4 pounds)--do these "odd" numbers count as well toward the "free day"?

What if you start at 170;go to 169,167,166(heres a Jolly Day)--eat and gain weight to 172--lose again 171,169,168---is this 168 a Jolly Day or should you only count anything less than the previously low of 166(otherwise it seems one is stuck on a treadmill).

I hope my questions were clear enough--thanks for any help provided.

Done this plan, like it a lot, but stay away from social gatherings where food is even a slight possibility.

Now... first of all, if I recall correctly, for your HTT weight increments, you round to the nearest half pound, not necessarily up to the next half pound. Therefore, your increment is every 1.5lb (double check but I'm 99% sure that's the deal).

With regards to when to have Jolly Days, you hit the target every time you are at or below each 1.5lb increment. You should also not skip an increment.

In your case, you start at 170 with a goal weight of 155 and a HTT of 1.5lb...

Your first target is at or below 168.5.
Your next target is at or below 167.

So, if on day 2 or 3, you weigh in at 167 (very possible), just have the Jolly Day, because you have hit below 168.5.

Your next target is still 167 though, then the following target is 165.5.

If in doubt, re-read my statement above in bold.

Good luck. This plan delivers, but is not remotely sociable.

Personally, I would also add that unless you are a weight class athlete with a need for quick, predictable weight loss, or a bodybuilder or fitness model, then you have no business putting yourself through such a strict plan. There are other options out there which still deliver and are more sociable - my recommendations are the Warrior Diet and Slow Carb Diet.

Thanks for your answer-- you explained it well.
I actually like the diet--I can eat fruit and nuts and dont find it difficult or very restrictiveto follow.The WD was less structured and I didnt like the gorge meal.
Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for your answer-- you explained it well.
I actually like the diet--I can eat fruit and nuts and dont find it difficult or very restrictiveto follow.The WD was less structured and I didnt like the gorge meal.
Thanks again for your help.

You're very welcome.

Don't get me wrong, I speak only from my own experience of using the HTT Fat Loss Plan. If you find it more reasonable to stick with then power to you!

My own use for it was for making weight for boxing, and it definitely delivers. What's great about it is that it offers results at a swift enough pace to motivate you to stick to it, while offering breaks (Jolly Days) each time you hit a new low.

Do keep us/me posted on your progress though. I'd be interested to hear how you get on! I'm only aware of a handful of us here on the Forum who have talked about using this plan...

will do.
One more question-- hypothetically, weight looks like--170,169,167(jolly day),174-- do you still count down from the 170 "starting mark" or wait until I hit 165.5 for the next jolly day since I already went through 168.5 and 167?It seems you would keep spinning your wheels otherwise.

Don't skip an increment. Just hit each 1.5lb target and have a Jolly Day accordingly.

In your example, you must have a Jolly Day when you again hit 167. Don't question this, be grateful - after several weeks of this plan you will wish that Jolly Days were as frequent as they are at the start.

Also, to be frank, you're eating so little food on this plan that I suspect it's impossible to "spin your wheels". So you should not worry about this.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom