all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Home gym recommendations.

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Leave them outside for a couple days and they should be fine. The rubber smell will fade with time but a well-ventilated place at first is recommended. Usually they come in 4x6 or 3x4 sizes.
Vinyl floor sealer also kills the smell.

Leave them outside for a couple days and they should be fine. The rubber smell will fade with time but a well-ventilated place at first is recommended. Usually they come in 4x6 or 3x4 sizes.
I’ve found I prefer to pay more for these and get the smoother surface on the mats that come from fitness stores. In shoes it doesn’t matter much, but barefoot I notice the difference.

-S-

I’ve found I prefer to pay more for these and get the smoother surface on the mats that come from fitness stores. In shoes it doesn’t matter much, but barefoot I notice the difference.

-S-
I have some w. this surface and they are fine barefoot - less treadlike than the surface of the previous stall mat I linked:

Budget is not an issue, though I’m not that dedicated to barbell lifting so I’m not willing to go crazy on those items, but I want something good.

My primary goal is to stay in shape for Bjj. To do that I am targeting a 1/2 bodyweight kb press, which is a bit far off, and a 2x bodyweight deadlift, to which I’m quite close.

I essentially use a Trap Bar for deadlifts and kettlebells for most of my upper body lifts. So that would be my recommendation.

I have a half rack and full set of barbells and dumbbells I hardly use.

I've owned a bit of gym equipment in my time and really feel that unless you are an idiot who drops weights all the time, brand doesn't matter that much. Just pay attention to the tolerances and overall size and shape. My trap bar has really high handles so I have to turn it over... not my favourite option. Having one pair of bumpers to use on the inside of your bar is kind of handy. Essentially, I can get by with just buying a pair of 10s and a bunch of 20's for deadlifts.

A lot of blokes recommend horse mats for gym flooring. But guess that depends on what is available in your area. There are a few ingenious alternatives on Youtube and other social media. I just bought the big black rubber gym floor tiles from the local Bunnings.

Make sure you budget for cool posters.

This is what I see when I walk into my squat rack:

PS-PDN1_f.jpg

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom