all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Home workout due to gym closures

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Trever

Level 4 Valued Member
Thought I’d post up what my home workout looks like.

My gym closed a couple weeks ago and I’ve been working out at home like many many others.
This is what my workout looks like. I basically have two different workouts that I alternate each day and take a day off when I feel the need. The warm up is the same for both. Hip bridges, prying goblet squats and halos.
I have 4 kettlebells: 2x20kg, 1x24kg, 1x28kg
I’m 51 and 135-140lbs.

Workout 1:
Deadlifts- I’m able to grab all 4 bells and doing 3-5 sets of 5 for now.

TGU- 3 sets each side using either the 24kg or 28kg depending how I feel.

Snatch- one arm with 20kg sets of 5 reps for around 20 repeats (1 set of 5 = 1 repeat)

Workout 2:
Deadlifts- I’m able to grab all 4 bells and doing 3-5 sets of 5 for now.

TGU- 3 sets each side using either the 24kg or 28kg depending how I feel.

ABC- double clean, press, front squat complex (2-1-3 reps) using 2x20kg kettlebells. 10-15 repeats.

If anyone sees any problems with this scheme please let me know. I’m just trying to keep practicing and getting stronger.
The lack of weight is limiting for the deadlift so I will probably increase the reps or sets.

Last edited:
Looks good for now...

When you are feeling much stronger, perhaps check back then we can help you plot your next path

I will, thank you very much. I can’t carry on with my normal deadlift program because I don’t have a bar and plates at home. So I’ll do what I can with the kettlebells.

I placed an order for a bar and about 300lbs of plates two weeks ago but apparently so did everyone else in Canada. My online order was “filled and waiting to ship”, then radio silence until two days ago when I finally got an email cancelling the whole order. The local fitness stores sold out of anything useful very quickly and I was lucky to get the kettlebells I have.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom