all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Homegym, how many in your collection

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Zonular

First Post
Hey guys first post, getting back on the KB wagon and starting with the s+s. My self and the missus have a 5/10/16/24 in our collection. If I keep at this might treat myself to a 32.

How many KB do you have in your collection?
Cheers guys

I got my Power Systems Ultra bells a few years ago on a deal. You could find better quality - the slightest sweat makes these slippery. Lots of chalk.

In pounds: 25/35/45/55/70

Not sure what I have a 45 for. Next one will be a 40kg.

Hello,

@Zonular
Depending on the moves you are planning to do, you can get for instance a 20 kg and a 28 kg. Then if also have some plates, you can DIY some intermediary weights.

I used this method and it worked well for S&S

Kind regards,

Pet'

Not a fair comparison, because I teach from home so mine is more of a small commercial gym, albeit in my basement and with a capacity of six or so.

Singles: 48 kg:
Pairs: 40 kg, 36 kg, 32 kg, 28 kg, 18 kg, 10 kg, 6 kg, 4 kg
4 each: 24 kg, 20 kg, 16 kg, 12 kg, 8 kg

Give or take a few - I haven't counted lately but that's about right. Some of them date back to 2001.

-S-

Single: 32
Pairs: 24, 16, 12, 8

We've always purchased a second of one size before adding a heavier one; we don't have the money to invest in a bunch of between size bells. Next will be a second 32 before a 40. Figure one new bell every other year will be adequate for us.

- KBs: 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 48
- a pullup bar
- a ShouldeRök with 10Kg in 1Kg plates
- mobility stuff (The Grid, lacrosse ball etc.)

next investment will be a barbell + bumper plates (250Kg) to get back into deadlifts and never having to step into a commercial gym again

As a sidenote: I bought all of my KBs in two huge orders and obviously that cost a lot of money, but for me it was buying the KBs and treating them well so they'll probably last me up to several decades vs. another 2 year membership at my gym. No-brainer in my book and I'll handle it the same way with the barbell.

Last edited:
16kg, pair of 24kg, pair of 28kg , 32kg 48kg
Kettlebell OCD is scratching because the pair of 24kg are not the same brand and the pair of 28kg are not the same brand. The 32kg needs a companion...

16 thru 48 in 8kg increments. It's taken a few years, but I am close to pressing 48kg.

Probably would've gotten into doubles but I ended up with a barbell instead.

8 kg, doubles of 12 kg and 16kg due to a past program I did, and single bells of 20, 24, and 32. If I try the Sinister goal someday would invest in a 28 for swings...so far not jumping from the 16 to the 24 in Simple and Sinister has been a good thing, being a female.

8, 12, 16, 24, 24, 32, 40.

The lightest were bought for my wife. I would like to add a 48kg since I feel I would have needed it already and another 32kg has been on my shortlist as well. I'm quite frugal by nature so I've been looking for deals and making do for some time.

If I were to start over from scratch, I think I would only get single KBs and invest in a barbell also.

This is going to be a bit offtopic, but to further get into this, I would advise anyone to go for singles first, then buy only one pair (IMO a pair of 24s) and try out whether you like working with double KBs or not, before buying more pairs.

I already said this in another thread a couple of months ago. My original plan was to start with singles and then transition to doubles, but I discovered that I dislike double KB exercises. To me most of them feel odd with a pair of 16s and 24s. With a pair of 32s it not just feels odd, but so odd to the point that I consider it really uncomfortable. Of course there are benefits in using doubles, but for me training needs to be fun and after my experience I don't consider doubles fun. So after that experience I changed my mind to max out on singles.
The bad part about this was that I bought a pair of 16s, 24s, 32s, 40s and 48s in my original order...
Luckily for me a distant friend had opened a crossfit box a couple of weeks prior to this and he took the spair KBs from me for the price that I had payed. My loss was cut down only to the orinial shipping costs. Then I took the money I got from him and invested it in the missing singles (8, 12, 20, 28, 36 & 44).
Hopefully my report here keeps others from making the same mistake.

When I moved a few years back, I got rid of a bunch of stuff. I had over 500 lbs of free weights, 2 Olympic bars, and about 150 lbs. in bumper plates. I only kept my KBs, but have added to them.

Currently, besides my Pull-up/Dip Bar station, I have the following KBs, either on hand or in storage:
1 x 16 kg
2 x 24 kg
2 x 32 kg
1 x 40 kg
Also in storage is my Ultimate Sandbag with... 120 lb. capacity, I think?

I also have access to my wife and kid's KBs, so 3 x 15 lb. if I wanted those!

I bought 2 x 5 lb. plates to use for DIY intermediate 'bells, but have a 36 kg, a 44 kg, and a 48 kg on my shopping list if we can swing it after taxes come in.

I have:

4kg
8kg
12kg
2x 16kg
2x 24kg
2x 32kg
40kg

..and pull up bar, pvc pipe, push up handles, ab wheel and other toys

All KBs are low quality, neopren/vinyl coated to "protect" our floors (and tear our hands), except of 40kg which is great quality Top Training bell. It's so great that I would like to replace my cheap bells to them someday.

Bells under 16kg belongs to my Madame but I really like this tiniest one, it can be easily stacked into other bells making them in-between for grinds. I plan to get 48kg and get rid of one of 16s.

I believe that a set of 16/dbl 24/dbl 32/40/48 would suffice me for rest of my life.

Last edited:
Some of mine are not true Metric bells so I will give them their imperial units and the brand.

25# - CAP
16kg - VF Precision
45# - CAP x2
60# - CAP
32kg - Diamond Pro
40kg - Kettlebell Kings Powdercoat.

I intend to get myself a 48kg, most likely Kettlebell Kings next January. I don't do very much double work and I know I will be able to do solid turkish get ups with it by then.

I have some in my house and others in warehouse distant away for teaching events.
All DD.

At home
Singles:
4kg,8kg,12kg,16kg, 28kg
Doubles:
20kg, 24kg,32kg,36kg,40kg,44kg

I gave and sold my 48kg .

I bought an 80kg and 92kg for Christmas as an impulse buy. I called the manufacturer and asked for a discount. They shipped both for $500. I have an extensive collection of equipment. The worst part is you feel like you have to use it all. I would rather not list all my kettlebells, and other gym implements and equipment, but let's say I have more money than brains. I'm not in the Trades because I am smart.

Last edited:
I have 16, 20, 24, 28 & 32 kg bells

My kids have a 4 and an 8 Kg bell

I sold my my 40 & 48 kg bells. My doctor told me I needed to have the bones in my hand fused last year and the car needed rego & I needed money, so it made sense at the time. It turned out that I didn't need to have the bones in my hand fused & now I'm kicking myself for selling them.

Last edited:
slowly building up my home gym. not really enough room in my flat but making do

barbell
bumper plates 80kg
iron plates 110kg
pull up bar
fat grips
olympic rings
ab wheel

KBs
2.2kg (daughters)
6kg (trying to tempt girlfriend into it)
20kg x 2
32kg x 2
40kg
48kg

currently want another barbell for deadlifting (current bars a needle bearing weightlifting bar and dread the thought of deadlifting and bending it!) and more plates. also want a 24kg and a 56kg bell - better start saving.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom