all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Homegym, how many in your collection

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Cheers guys for the responses. I want to keep the equipment to a minimum as I just don't have the space. I should add I have a couple of the KBS, a pull up bar, resistance bands, jump rope and a weighted vest
Going back five years managed a big lifestyle shift from 21 stone down to 11.5 at my lightest. Now life got in the way, living out of boxes with the family, thankfully in our own home now and looking to beat the weight/fitness creep I've experienced. Commute twenty miles round trip by bicycle daily so looking get back into the strength training and to drop some weight.

Thanks again looking forward to cracking on with the s+s.

@Glen A Weightlifting Bar made from high quality +10 000 psi tensile strength steel is designed to bend. They can handle tremendous enertia and shock loading, and metal fatigue. It takes quite a lot of use and abuse to damage a good barbell.

As Weightlifters say "If the bar ain't bend'n, your just pretend'n."

@Geoff Chafe unfortunately I dont know how good the steel is - was a mid priced bar - needle bearing and spins beautifully but im doubting it has that resilience. it was expensive enough that I wouldn't want to chance damaging a decent weightlifting bar but not expensive enough to reassure me it can handle deadlifting with regularly - would rather get a cheap bar I can abuse on deadlifts and ensure I keep my other bar solely for weightlifting

Everything I own in the world fits in my car, so I allow myself only one kettlebell, but I bought the best. I have a single Vulcan Strength Systems 24KG competition bell. Love it. It is enough.

I have the following:

For my girlfriend/odd uses for me
4kg no brand
8kg neoprene covered thing
12kg wolverson black series (for my girlfriends TGUs. Its a very nice kb)

16kg no brand thing. The other one of the pair lives with my Dad as he is trying to get back in shape now he has retired.
20kg no brand - doesn't get often used. Will go to my Dad's soon enough when he wants it.
2x24kg dragondoor bells. Probably what I've used the most over the years
2x32kg wolverson black series. These are my Big Goal Bells. I want to run KB STRONG with these doing clean and press.
40kg dragondoor bell pretty good but doesn't get used enough.
48kg kettlebell fever bell. I'm actually selling this on ebay as I write, as it sits in the corner collecting dust. I think sinister is a bit too much of a laser focus for me and the 48kg could find a better home.

I have a 28kg coming from wolverson for snatches and a pair of olympic rings.

I'm prioritising conditioning more and more so may well sell the 40kg at some point in the nearish future (once my girlfriend is done deadlifting it).
I'd like to get down to a bit less iron for when ot next comes time to move house.

I also have a pull up bar which cost about £5 and does the job well.

I think my collection would work well for someone running small group classes. It's probably a bit much for me and my girlfriend.

8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20
Currently using up to the 18 with S&S. I'll eventually have to buy the 24 but that's probably a few months off.

1 each: 12, 20, 24, 32, 36.

2 each: 16, 28.

Had a second 32, which i regrettably sold. 40kg is the next purchase. However, there is something to be said for @mprevost 's approach.

@Glen I actually did manage to destroy a cheap CAP bar with not-very-heavy deadlifts (low 300s). Moved onto a rogue 2.0 and it seems to be holding up fine though.

I started out with a 20lb and 35. Added a 50, 70, 40, 28kg, two 10s for the kids, a 15 for myself for stacking.

Disclaimer:
Prior to KBs I had dumbbells in pairs from 30 to 90 in ten lb increments, so used to spoiling myself a bit.

I might have skipped the 28 and 32 kg for KBs with smaller diameter handles in 10-20 lb and doubling up. I only use the heavier ones for swings, the rest get used for OH pressing, windmills, Bent Press, TGU - movements where I can stack a 50lber with a 10-20-35 and get the target load. This promotes a good grip and makes it easy to drop set. Still, a pair of 24's are fantastic for double longcycle/FS and for TGU anyhow.

A barbell IMHO is more useful than doubles in many examples, KBs are at their best for asymmetrical loading, so doubles is a bonus. Most doubles work could be done with dumbbells.

I bought an 80kg and 92kg for Christmas as an impulse buy. I called the manufacturer and asked for a discount. They shipped both for $500. I have an extensive collection of equipment. The worst part is you feel like you have to use it all. I would rather not list all my kettlebells, and other gym implements and equipment, but let's say I have more money than brains. I'm not in the Trades because I am smart.

You're in the Trades perhaps because you see and always have seen cause and effect. And in the trades often it is the correct tool for the job or the wrong tool, and it is so much harder (or impossible) to get the da*n job done with the wrong tool! Better to have and not need...

Pairs: 16kg, 24kg and 32kg
Singles: 8kg, 40kg and 48kg

My most used are the 24kg pair. I didn't really need to get the 48kg, have used the 40kg for single arm swings.

At home: single 16; double 20's, 24's, 28's, 32's, 36's, and 40's

About half of what's at the gym....Anna C didn't post a picture of the other kettlebell rack, either!!

upload_2017-2-11_8-14-10-png.2228

16+16,
20+20,
24+24,

+ toys like ab wheel, pullup bar, parallettes, pushup bar, gripers, etc.. A lot of toys!!

I have been building up my home garage gym for the past few years - some items from online retailers, others from craig's list. 3 car garage with 1 car woth going to my gym.
Pairs:
24, 28, 32
Thompson fat bells: 35 and 53 lb
Single:
36, 40

Squat rack/pull up rig
Bumper plates, 2 oly bard, curl bar, horse stall matts
Rings for pull ups (draped over garage door tracks)
Concept 2 rower
Adjustable bench
Ab wheel roler

Pairs of comp bells in 12, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 28, 32. Single iron odd bells in 20 lb., 25 lb., 30 lb., 16k, 40k. One homemade 49k comp bell. I'd like to round it out with 26k's, but probably will wait.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom