all posts post new thread

Honest Effort

Take good care Martin, had the crap in early Dec. Not tested tho, I refuse to play.

Took me about a week to feel better, training was kept light and no effect on lungs etc.

Feeling a lot better. We have close to 50 rapid test kits that have come home from school with the kids. Before spending Easter with my 80yr old mother in law, didn’t have a good reason not to test. Work pays for the quarantine as well.
The way it came on Sat night, I can see where some folks get hammered. I always assumed I’d already been exposed, sincerely doubt that now.

I worked in hospitals throughout the first couple yrs, working in covid wards, on covid patients medical equipment, most of the time didnt really wear protective gear until i was asked to after a while. I didnt catch it until 2 weeks after i had the first injection in November 21 !!
Refuse to have anymore of them now or my kids.
Alot of people i know also had similar experience.
Im not a conspiracy theorist but.......

Feeling a lot better. We have close to 50 rapid test kits that have come home from school with the kids. Before spending Easter with my 80yr old mother in law, didn’t have a good reason not to test. Work pays for the quarantine as well.
The way it came on Sat night, I can see where some folks get hammered. I always assumed I’d already been exposed, sincerely doubt that now.
Glad you're already feeling better, it's been a crap fest..

I worked in hospitals throughout the first couple yrs, working in covid wards, on covid patients medical equipment, most of the time didnt really wear protective gear until i was asked to after a while. I didnt catch it until 2 weeks after i had the first injection in November 21 !!
(y) Lots coming out on it.. scary stuff

Didn’t have any issues with the Pfizer shots, but the booster screwed up my shoulder for about 2 months, so I doubt I’ll get another but I will go back to masking most of the time.

Since this show started I haven’t had a single cold of any kind, they dropped the mask mandate at work about a month ago and folks are dropping like flies with cases going through the ceiling locally.

My conspiracy joke - “I only had the sniffles till I stuck that test swab up my nose…”

Hello @North Coast Miller

That's great to read you are getting better !

Just to say that your concept for core work of training one or two sets for lower reps and a few other with higher reps (but with full contraction) seems to work well: I have good feel during the workout and it also seems to carryover well to daily life (lifting, boxing, etc...). With proper nutrition, it may work !

Thanks ! (and again, take good care)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Easing back in with some Iso work. Jumprope warmups felt good, HR really jumped when doing the Isometrics. Used a small amount of movement within the limits of the straps, felt good.

3 minutes jumprope warmup
- DL
- Crossover high pull
- Quad Extension
- Incline benchpress
- Hammer curl

All holds done 10 seconds full on, 20 "reps" rapid relax/ 100% on, 20 seconds rest, 4 repeats.

Crunch variations interleaved with stretching.

Easing back in with some Iso work. Jumprope warmups felt good, HR really jumped when doing the Isometrics. Used a small amount of movement within the limits of the straps, felt good.

3 minutes jumprope warmup
- DL
- Crossover high pull
- Quad Extension
- Incline benchpress
- Hammer curl

All holds done 10 seconds full on, 20 "reps" rapid relax/ 100% on, 20 seconds rest, 4 repeats.

Crunch variations interleaved with stretching.
Good to see you back at it (y)

Ran just over 5k, wind was good, knees, feet, back all felt good. Coming to the conclusion I really don’t enjoy running at all…
What speed are you running at? Slower running is much more pleasant, and gives all the benefits. I think my comfortable speed is around 13 - 13 1/2 min miles. When first starting I ran much slower and enjoyed looking at the scenery going by. I've come to the conclusion I despise street running, so I run almost exclusively on trails or the beach.. I really miss beach running, haven't been doing it since getting the pup. Luckily we have some nice trails within walking distance from the house.

I guess in the end, for me running pleasure has everything to do with speed and the environment in which I'm locomoting.

What speed are you running at? Slower running is much more pleasant, and gives all the benefits. I think my comfortable speed is around 13 - 13 1/2 min miles. When first starting I ran much slower and enjoyed looking at the scenery going by. I've come to the conclusion I despise street running, so I run almost exclusively on trails or the beach.. I really miss beach running, haven't been doing it since getting the pup. Luckily we have some nice trails within walking distance from the house.

I guess in the end, for me running pleasure has everything to do with speed and the environment in which I'm locomoting.
My pace is about a 13 minute mile. Yes, when I used to run with the dog on trails I don’t recall having such a negative experience. But then I didn’t need to get in a car to hit the trail, now I would have to- adding more unproductive minutes to an already overloaded day.

My pace is about a 13 minute mile. Yes, when I used to run with the dog on trails I don’t recall having such a negative experience. But then I didn’t need to get in a car to hit the trail, now I would have to- adding more unproductive minutes to an already overloaded day.
Hey Martin, didn't have time to comment yesterday. What you're saying is the reason I don't run at the beach now, I used to blast over there on the Valkyrie, now I'd have to take the car and dog. Getting all the sand off of him would be near impossible, or take awhile.. I'm too burnt from work to go through the hassle, so trails it is.
My workload has picked up substantially lately so I get the overloaded day thing. We do what we can.

I would ride a Valkyrie too. I once had a Shadow C2 American Edition and regret every spring that I sold it. Best bike I ever had. Reliable and beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom