all posts post new thread

Kettlebell How are my Swings? Video!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Cr3do

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello,

Here is a clip of my 2 handed swings.

I have just started S&S, and really want to get my form current before moving into single handed swings.

Any advice is really appreciated!

Thanks! (Excuse the mess!)

@Cr3do

- first hike pass is not optimal, the following ones are better

- "...explosively straighten after finishing a hike pass.... Do not think about the bell on the way up. Drive with your hips and let it freely pendulum. On the upswing the arms and shoulders only transfer the hips’ power, but they do not lift the kettlebell." (in: Pavel, Kettlebell: Simple & Sinister). You are lifting the bell using your arms. Don't worry about the height, just use your hip's power, not your arms.

- finish in "vertical plank", cramp your glutes ,brace the abs (you are leaning back a bit)

- breath out explosively: TSSA! Don't swing lazy, explosive power!

- set the bell down safely, not with the round back. Don't look at the floor.

- and keep us updated.

@Anna C might point out some other details.

Plank is good. Glute contraction is good. Yes, be more explosive, and don't life with the arms. Good work! You are on track... keep practicing.

You have a clothes washing machine in your kitchen?

Interesting... and practical!

@Cr3do

- first hike pass is not optimal, the following ones are better

- "...explosively straighten after finishing a hike pass.... Do not think about the bell on the way up. Drive with your hips and let it freely pendulum. On the upswing the arms and shoulders only transfer the hips’ power, but they do not lift the kettlebell." (in: Pavel, Kettlebell: Simple & Sinister). You are lifting the bell using your arms. Don't worry about the height, just use your hip's power, not your arms.

- finish in "vertical plank", cramp your glutes ,brace the abs (you are leaning back a bit)

- breath out explosively: TSSA! Don't swing lazy, explosive power!

- set the bell down safely, not with the round back. Don't look at the floor.

- and keep us updated.

@Anna C might point out some other details.

Thanks for the advice @Pavel Macek !
I will work on all these points! Cheers!

Plank is good. Glute contraction is good. Yes, be more explosive, and don't life with the arms. Good work! You are on track... keep practicing.

You have a clothes washing machine in your kitchen?

Thanks @Anna C will definitely keep on improving and practicing!

And yes that is a clothes washing machine. It's very common here in the UK to have it in the kitchen.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom