all posts post new thread

Kettlebell How can I apply Kettlebell training and mobility training in one workout?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jacob T. Keyes

Level 4 Valued Member
I currently am using the Enter the Kettlebell Rite of Passage workout. I recently read Super Joints by Pavel and have incorporated the drills and exercises from the book. I'm finding it's taking a long time to complete both workouts (sometimes two hours). I have to workout in the morning before work. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use both workouts together? Can both workouts be incorporated together? Any ideas would be great.

Thanks. That makes sense. In the shorter Super Joints workout, does that mean to do less drills and movements, or just do less reps with all exercises the Super Joints workout calls for? Can you show an example of a short Super Joints mobility workout, with an emphasis on shoulder and ankles?

One option I like is to do SJ drills between rungs/ladders as your active rest and I think it would save you a lot of time in the mornings. Or you could gtg the SJ drills throughout the day. Let me know how it works for you if you try it.

Just on my second week of rop ladders and do pretty much what Steve has recommended. I don't do necessarily all the superjoints moves but do a full body joint warm up, you know head, shoulders, knees and toes type thing. Joint circles on all joints. Doesn't really take that long to be honest, then some squats and pumps. In between ladders, a fast & loose, joint mobility hybrid on the shoulders and arms, as Logan said. Whatever feels good. Forgot how good snatching is. Loving it.
I remember doing etk ladders as a newbie 4 years ago and having a bit of elbow pain. So conscious of that this time around and give my elbows and wrists some extra attention as a prehab precautionary thing.

@Jacob T. Keyes, you will figure out for yourself what the low-investment, high-return things from SuperJoints are for you - everyone is different. I have a couple of go-to movements that seem to put everything in the right place for me, and I can get a few of each done within the space of two minutes.

It's nice to be able to do more every day, and especially nice to do SJ work for as long as you wish in the early AM, then workout midday, then stretch when your day is finished. If you have the time or can make the time, that's what to do.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom