all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed How can I do my training outdoors?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

tobi

Level 5 Valued Member
Hey guys,

I am currently doing this workout schedule:
Frontsquat or every 3th workout Deadlift: 5x5
Military Press: 5x5
Pull ups: Fighter Pull up Programm

Since I like to be outside, I would also like to workout outside.
But how do I implement this? If I put my dumbbell in the garden, it will rust away.
And carrying it out every workout, isn't a really timesaving solution and not really feasible, especially the squatrack.
When training with bodyweight I get too little intensity.
Then there are kettlebells... can I get enough intensity? ecspecially for my legs? (doing currently 120kg of Frontsquats).

Thx for your help.

@Steve Freides
Thank you for you answer!
I have already solved my problem. I have built a pullup "station" and attached some metal where i can place my bar.
Also I have some rubber weight plates, so I only have to carry out the bar :)

Hey guys,

I am currently doing this workout schedule:
Frontsquat or every 3th workout Deadlift: 5x5
Military Press: 5x5
Pull ups: Fighter Pull up Programm

Since I like to be outside, I would also like to workout outside.
But how do I implement this? If I put my dumbbell in the garden, it will rust away.
And carrying it out every workout, isn't a really timesaving solution and not really feasible, especially the squatrack.
When training with bodyweight I get too little intensity.
Then there are kettlebells... can I get enough intensity? ecspecially for my legs? (doing currently 120kg of Frontsquats).

Thx for your help.
Thinking you might enjoy some weighted pistols, get a bit of unilateral work in on your wheels. Hold a plate, DB, KB, etc

I have a loadable KB and some plates so I can do 100kg swings. They are pretty awesome..

Gymnastic rings are another great way of training outside.

Going for a yomp (ruck for those from the USA) is a great way of getting some training done outside. Take plenty of fluids and some food. Enjoy nature, find a good spot to have lunch and enjoy the view.

Long, easy runs at a conversational pace.

Hill sprints. Easy run to a good hill, sprint up the hill, walk back down for your rest period and then recommence for a pre designated ammount of sets.

Set up your power rack, bench, bars and plates under a gazebo on your garden for your strength training.

Just a few ideas.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom