all posts post new thread

Barbell How can i get my bench max up by 100lbs ?

Yep. Dad had a piece of paper with pictures of the exercises (came with the set). That was the extent of my understanding. But I know my first summer of lifting I went from 100lb bench to 200lb in about 3 months. So yeah!!! Essentially I'd do a set of 8-10 to warm up. Do an all out set for as many as possible. Drop the weight. Do another set. Call it a day. Ignorance was bliss.

And teenage hormones are amazing.

Aged 13 I got the vacuum cleaner pipe from the house and filled it with typeset from the garage (my dad worked in newspapers) and used to floor press in my bedroom. Eventually when the house was dusty my mum found it and I got a smack but by then I was addicted to lifting

I'm going to put in a plug for DB bench press, both flat and incline.

Every time I've done a cycle of DB bench, my presses of all flavors go up.

Plan Strong is a very good option. Plan on eating to put on 1-2 pounds of bodyweight a month and do heavy dips, lots of back and bench twice a week.

An alternative is to look up the Rogozhnikov Plan in PTTP and run it every other day instead of every 3rd day. It works and took my bench to 400lbs over a year.

Plan Strong is a very good option. Plan on eating to put on 1-2 pounds of bodyweight a month and do heavy dips, lots of back and bench twice a week.

An alternative is to look up the Rogozhnikov Plan in PTTP and run it every other day instead of every 3rd day. It works and took my bench to 400lbs over a year.
Is that PTTP professional? Because I don’t think I remember seeing that in the standard version. I may have to find mine and look again though.

Back
Top Bottom