all posts post new thread

Nutrition How do I gain weight?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

walter241994

First Post
I have a problem, and I’ve been facing this since senior high. I’m already 24 but my weight is only 105 pounds. I tried to eat a lot, with what my friends have suggested. But I don’t see any progress. I also work at night time, where I do events in a foreign organization, so I think this might be the reason why I’m having a hard time gaining at least enough weight. I need your advice everyone! Please!!!

I have a problem, and I’ve been facing this since senior high. I’m already 24 but my weight is only 105 pounds. I tried to eat a lot, with what my friends have suggested. But I don’t see any progress. I also work at night time, where I do events in a foreign organization, so I think this might be the reason why I’m having a hard time gaining at least enough weight. I need your advice everyone! Please!!!

Most likely you just have a super high metabolism.

On the other side of things - have you been checked for any conditions that could cause malabsorption? (You would probably have some GI symptoms if this is the case). This would show up in a typical physical blood panel as low alkaline phosphatase. Extremely unlikely, but I feel worth mentioning (as it happened to me).

There are lots of people who report weight gain from eating a lot, drinking a gallon of milk per day, squatting, bench pressing and deadlifting heavy. If I was in your position I'd look into that.

Buy either The Complete Keys to Progress or Super Squats and follow the instructions therein.

+1 for seeing a doctor. Before you start following random internet advice, you want to make sure there's nothing nefarious going on.

Maybe report back what the doctor tells you and someone here might have more specific advice.

Weight yourself and record that number. Track your nutrition for 7-10 days. Evaluate the results and caculate the average calories. Weight yourself again under the same cirunstances as last time (i.e. first thing in the morning after having eliminated all kind of bodily waste products).
If you dropped weight your calories are too low. If your weight stayed the same you probably figured out your maintenance level.
If you want to gain weight, add ~300-700 calorie to that.
If the calorie number is unusual high (like 3500 or so) and you dropped weight, see a doctor and check for hyperthyroidism.

Weight yourself and record that number. Track your nutrition for 7-10 days. Evaluate the results and caculate the average calories. Weight yourself again under the same cirunstances as last time (i.e. first thing in the morning after having eliminated all kind of bodily waste products).
If you dropped weight your calories are too low. If your weight stayed the same you probably figured out your maintenance level.
If you want to gain weight, add ~300-700 calorie to that.
If the calorie number is unusual high (like 3500 or so) and you dropped weight, see a doctor and check for hyperthyroidism.

Great advice.

Kenny Croxdale

Out of curiosity, how tall are you?

My knee jerk response would be to ask you for a detailed description of your current diet, but at 105 pounds, I would suggest a doctor visit. Hyperthyroidism (as mentioned by @Marc), Celiac, hell, maybe even an enormous benign tumor, something is going on with your body. Unless you're living on rice cakes and cigarettes, or under 5 feet tall, 105 pounds makes me think there's something out of wack with your gut and/or you metabolism.

Once you have a clean bill of health or a diagnosis, come back with a food journal and we can chat (y)

First of all, go to doctor. He can suggest you a way out of youre problem. Next follow his instructers.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom