all posts post new thread

Forum Business How many CEUs for NASM?

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Eddie2

First Post
I recently received my NASM cert and I need to start looking for CEUs. The SFG path feels right for me, but I am having trouble finding credits awarded for each course. Is there somewhere that I can find credits for all of the courses including the one day workshops?

Eddie,

The only approved CEUs is our Kettlebell 1-day course with NASM (0.8 hours).

The other certifying organizations will need to be contacted directly for specific CEU amounts, if any apply.

ACE usually accepts by petition, and NSCA will accept the contact hours (more below) as a Category A non-approved provider activity.

Now most organizations will not approve (as an approved provider) competing certifications. However we are working with the NSCA to approve the first two days of the SFG level 1 as a workshop (since the certification and testing doesn't happen until the third day) for 16 contact hours. And we are working with NASM in a similar fashion.

So we are in process (and hope to be done soon) with the CEUs for both NSCA and NASM but we are not done yet.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Amanda

Hi! Any updates on whether or not I can get NASM CEU's for the SFG1 certification?

Hi Jenna, I recently submitted my SFL attendance and it was accepted. 20 hrs = 2.0 CPE, which makes up the 1.9 required after the .1 for CPR. The process took 3 weeks for review and acceptance, and I had to pay a $25 fee, but other than that it was painless. SFG I should get you the same result.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom