all posts post new thread

Kettlebell How many kettlebells do you use in a typical week?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I only have three: 16, 24 and 32. The 16 and 32 get used most sessions. If I have time, I'll use the 24 for High Pulls.

I only own a 16kg kettlebell at the moment. I bought a 24kg bell off eBay but it’s been ‘lost in transit’ which translates to somebody at the depot has stolen my kettlebell. I do own some plates which I have been using for my halos, though!

It’s a bummer because I feel confident doing S&S with 16kg to the point where two handed swings are starting to feel almost pointless! They’re investigating so hopefully it gets sorted out ASAP.

I’m using 16 kg, 20 kg and 25 kg bells weekly by doing S&S at the moment.

I'm on a swing/snatch program right now. I have three bells in the training room, 24, 26, and 40kg. I don't keep anything else hand so I can't cheat out one day. I have discrete bells up to 24 and two adjustables for 12 - 32. My theory is keep the one I'm working and the next bigger size. (Right now I can't get the 44, but then I really don't need it right now, hahaha.)

Kettlebells are great, and you can often get by with just one.

But in practice -- I'm currently using one bell for S&S, though I use a lighter one for halos in the warm-up. And then at some point in the week I'll practice snatches with yet a different weight. And once a week I'll do the Armor Building Complex with two bells.

So currently, over the course of a week, I'm using 4 different bells, and it would be 5 if I didn't happen to be at a point where all of my S&S is with one bell.

This question is just for my curiousity -- I'd love to know: How many kettlebells did you use this week? Also, let me know if you would have used more if you were able to buy one, or if your gym were open.
Spent today doing some single bell work after about six months of doubles, realized I had a little technique issue with cleans on one side so I used a 24, 32 and then a 40. But up until this week I used three with my 48 as a goblet squat warm up and then a pair of 32s for my clean and jerks.

Just checking. ;)

At my height, weight, it's a decent size number. I'm not quite there yet (43 kg EZ bar curl), but it I guess it's a stretch goal if I really wanted to work on it.

I tend to keep my bicep training modest, because I need to be able to maintain a good barbell rack for the clean and jerk.

But if it was 1 arm, it would be like:

maxresdefault.jpg
That. Is. Horrifying. Lol

I tend to keep my bicep training modest, because I need to be able to maintain a good barbell rack for the clean and jerk.
There's a wonderful line, I think it's in Power To The People!, that talks about how, if your biceps get too big, you'll need a straw with which to drink your beer. Love that line.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom