all posts post new thread

Nutrition How many moved or adjusted the carnivore diet....

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

LEGENDARY70

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello all.

Well I have been on this diet for about 2 months and went from a 42/44 waist to a 38. WOW. I went to khols yesterday to buy some slacks and fit into a 38. My goal is to get to my military weight, which is 170. As of this morning I am at 204. Very happy with my weight loss.

My question is how many of yall here that got to your target weight stayed on carnivore or did yall go low carb after? Was thinking when i do get to 170ish I would like to just go low carb not 100% carnivore. If some did change up the diet did yall see weight gain?

thx

Hello all.

Well I have been on this diet for about 2 months and went from a 42/44 waist to a 38. WOW. I went to khols yesterday to buy some slacks and fit into a 38. My goal is to get to my military weight, which is 170. As of this morning I am at 204. Very happy with my weight loss.

My question is how many of yall here that got to your target weight stayed on carnivore or did yall go low carb after? Was thinking when i do get to 170ish I would like to just go low carb not 100% carnivore. If some did change up the diet did yall see weight gain?

thx
Answer will vary depending on your activity level after you get down to a jacked 170. Try adding some honey and fruit when you get to your target. Possible to add them in now. Depends.

should i be taking one or two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in the mornings to help with water retention (weight)? thx

Hello all.

thx
i lost about 35 lbs on a pretty strict carnivore diet. Did some carbs but realized that I didn’t really need them. I think doing low carb is pretty solid and will be way less annoying. As @Don Fairbanks said try some carbs. See how you feel.
I figured out my macros and im STRUGGLING to eat enough calories on beef/eggs so I added in some full fat yogurt.
Entertaining adding some carbs back in myself just to get more than like 1500 calories in in a day without completely sickening myself on meat and eggs. I’ve done some carbs sporadically here and there the last mont or two and I still float around 175.

i lost about 35 lbs on a pretty strict carnivore diet. Did some carbs but realized that I didn’t really need them. I think doing low carb is pretty solid and will be way less annoying. As @Don Fairbanks said try some carbs. See how you feel.
I figured out my macros and im STRUGGLING to eat enough calories on beef/eggs so I added in some full fat yogurt.
Entertaining adding some carbs back in myself just to get more than like 1500 calories in in a day without completely sickening myself on meat and eggs. I’ve done some carbs sporadically here and there the last mont or two and I still float around 175.
you lost 35 lbs. what was your target weight?

should i be taking one or two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in the mornings to help with water retention (weight)? thx
I put about 2 TBSP's of ACV in my water bottle at least once a day, maybe twice. I've heard of athlete doing a shot of it first thing in the morning upon waking, basically to "cure what ails you." Best it does for me is help with indigestion when I eat the wrong foods.

I was 210-215 and got down to 175. I still have some body fat to lose. Been consistently around 175 for a few months now while strength training so I assume I’m building muscle and losing fat. Pants are looser. Shirts fit better. It’s weird to see comp changes that aren’t showing up on the scale.
Funny you mention that. I have lost about 22 lbs and yes my clothes are bigger and loser. but yet on the scale it flucuates a lot. one day im 205 the next 208 the next 206 etc. I dont know why. could be water wieght?

Funny you mention that. I have lost about 22 lbs and yes my clothes are bigger and loser. but yet on the scale it flucuates a lot. one day im 205 the next 208 the next 206 etc. I dont know why. could be water wieght?
Are you eating any carbs? Cheat days or anything? I will gain even 5lbs in water weight if I would eat pizza or something. That’s definitely what it is too because I’ve only done that like once a month or so. I weigh myself at the same time, naked, almost every day and the fluctuations are really bizarre sometimes. For instance. I’ve been eating more calories lately. And sometimes even another 1/2 lb of meat per day but on the scale sometimes I’ll be LIGHTER than the day before even when I ate at least 8oz of steak more in the evening before.
Honestly look and feel help me better than the scale. Scale is just a reference.
Are you you strength training too? There is definitely a sweet spot (and I think I’m there or close) where your calories in are right where they need to be and you can lose fat and build muscle at the same time. I don’t know how long that can/will last but it’s definitely interesting.
Another thing I realized is after I drink water or coffee in the am and weigh myself I can easily be a lb heavier.

How does milk fit in the equation? There's a gentleman I follow who isn't strict carnivore per say, but has a good shake and then a while after eats. His shake has eggs, protein powder, yogurt, ghee, full fat milk, and collagen. His meal is generally meat and organs with some leafy greens sometimes or fruit.
He is in incredible shape and healthy.

I was strict carnivore for 8 weeks one time. Great sense of purpose, well being, strength and fat loss, however I realized that there was no way I was actually going to eat like that long term so I stopped. Pendulum swung hard in the other direction when I reintroduced carbs. Now I am back to center and eat a variety of things.

You need to assess what you eat according to what you want to accomplish and figure out what is both sustainable and enjoyable.

How does milk fit in the equation? There's a gentleman I follow who isn't strict carnivore per say, but has a good shake and then a while after eats. His shake has eggs, protein powder, yogurt, ghee, full fat milk, and collagen. His meal is generally meat and organs with some leafy greens sometimes or fruit.

I'm big on milk and I think it's great. However, it's not for everyone. It's easy to have too many calories from liquids. But for example as a recovery drink, I think whole milk is the best thing there is.

I think the best thing is to just try some things out. Keep the variables to a minimum. My stomach can’t handle milk but full fat yogurt is great and keeps me sane.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom