all posts post new thread

Nutrition How much time do you spend in meal prep?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
We use muffin pans w/liners. Its pretty slick...

Pre-heat oven to 350*
Put liners in your pans.
Add a TBSP of water to get muffin.
Crack an egg in each one.
Put in oven. Bake. I've heard anywhere from 9 minutes up to 15. Obviously how runny you want the egg is up to you.
Let sit for a few minutes and the liner should peel away from the gg pretty easy.
Don't let the water on top of the egg fool you into thinking the eggs aren't done yet!
You can cook without liners but it can get extra messy, just my experience.

Ever try making hard boiled eggs in the oven? It might be a bit easier than boiling gallons of water every couple days.
Ever try making hard boiled eggs in the oven? It might be a bit easier than boiling gallons of water every couple days.
We use our Instant Pot for hard boiled eggs. Takes a few minutes and little water. Once your time is set depending on softer/harder preference, they are “boiled” roughly the same each time. However, there’s only two of us so no need to prep large quantities generally.

We use muffin pans w/liners. Its pretty slick...

Pre-heat oven to 350*
Put liners in your pans.
Add a TBSP of water to get muffin.
Crack an egg in each one.
Put in oven. Bake. I've heard anywhere from 9 minutes up to 15. Obviously how runny you want the egg is up to you.
Let sit for a few minutes and the liner should peel away from the gg pretty easy.
Don't let the water on top of the egg fool you into thinking the eggs aren't done yet!
You can cook without liners but it can get extra messy, just my experience.
that sounds awesome.... Now I have to con 12 people into letting me experiment on them with eggs....

Just my wife and I, so we take about 30-45 minutes 1x a week to plan out our dinners. Lunch is always leftovers, or either tuna/salmon sandwich or salad, or something frozen that we had excess of from a prior dinner. Of course we have the usuals (eggs, bagels/bread, flour for pancakes/waffles on weekend, fruit etc.) so we really only have to plan 6-7 meals a week. Works great for us.

@silveraw, shakshuka is a quick-to-make egg meal is you prepare the sauce ahead of time (and, depending on how you do it, maybe you don't need to prepare the sauce ahead of time).

-S-

@silveraw, shakshuka is a quick-to-make egg meal is you prepare the sauce ahead of time (and, depending on how you do it, maybe you don't need to prepare the sauce ahead of time).

-S-
I just looked that up and I've made that a few times when I was on a Mediterranean kick! I liked it a lot. Anything that involves dumping cans into a pot is good by me.

It fell off the rotation because my wife is a bit of a picky eater and doesn't like tomatoes very much.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom