all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed How much time do you spend training?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)

How many hours per week on average do you spend training?

• 1 or less

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 1 to 2

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • 2 to 4

Votes: 29 21.8%
  • 4 to 6

Votes: 38 28.6%
  • 6 to 8

Votes: 24 18.0%
  • 8 to 10

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • 10 to 15

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • 15 to 20

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • 20 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

offwidth

Level 10 Valued Member
Based on some interesting conversations on another thread I thought it might be entertaining to see how much time our community invests into training each week. Feel free to include all training: KB’s Barbell, Bodyweight, Mobility / Flexibility, Locomotive Endurance, and Sports Participation, etc.

Seasonal for me for sure, but averages out to 6-8 so that's what I picked

nice weather hrs per week
4-7 hours singles tennis
1-1.5 hrs lifting
~1hr stretching/mobility/original strength/stability/motor control stuff throughout the day or week
~round of golf every 1.5-2 weeks (15ish rounds a season) but I wouldn't really count this

cold weather hrs per week
2-3 hours lifting (typically 4-5 days of 30 mins or so)
1-1.5 hrs cardio (need to do more dedicated endurance)

almost every day no matter the weather - 20-30 min walk with wife, Zone 1 for sure.

3 days per week for lifting at about an hour each (including warm up)

3 days per week of endurance (running) averaging to at least an hour each (this will increase as marathon training ramps up)

10-15 minutes of mobility everyday

I live in the city so could include a lot of walking, but I don’t consider it intentional training.

One hour in the morning six days a week. Mon/Wed/Fri strength training, Tue/Thu/Sat mobility, etc. I'm planning on moving to Mon/Thu strength, Tue/Fri conditioning, Wed/Sat mobility.
I'm very happy I've been maintaining these 6 hours per week as a habit for more than a couple years, after years of almost no exercise.

Before I went on vacation, I was doing about 9 hours per week of various martial arts training, and around 7 hours of lifting each week, plus daily stretching. Actually nevermind, closer to 10 hours of lifting if I'm being realistic with myself :oops:.

So easily in the 15-20 hours per week range for me. I'll probably need to find some kind of balance for the future.

Typically, more than 10 hours per week almost all at low intensity:
  1. 6 x 1 hour morning training sessions (strength, power, mobility, LISS)
  2. 3 x 45 minute run/ruck commutes per week
  3. 1 hour bouldering every Saturday morning
  4. 2 hour LISS on Sunday morning
  5. Lots of GTG throughout the day particularly when working from home

At first I thought 4-6, because I tend to do about 4 hours of strength training per week (with generous rest) + warmups. But then I added some time for OS resets, S&S style stretching and some jogging here and there. It might even be more than 8 hours in some weeks if I count my commutes by bike.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom