all posts post new thread

Off-Topic How old are you?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Nobody forces you to ditch the 24 :D Just stay with it and the test at the cert/recert with the 20 will be a walk in the park.

Well ditching a 24kg at recertification is probably like retiring from a pro sport to me.

I went to a psychic once, when I was 24, and she said I would live a long life. Around one hundred years she said.
So that makes me middle aged. 50

Nobody forces you to ditch the 24 :D Just stay with it and the test at the cert/recert with the 20 will be a walk in the park.

What do the rules say? Can someone who is allowed to use a lighter KB use a heavier KB for the cert? Or is this a safety concern? OTOH, if someone has been consistently training with a heavier KB then it should be "safe" for them to use the heavier KB given that their body has adapted to the heavier weight.

44 and getting stronger, thanks to the addition of s&s to my daily habit.

46, and didn't start exercising until my mid 30's. Jumped into the typical HITT/body parts dumbbell and barbell type workouts.

At my age I feel way better overall with using Strongfirst principles, S&S, mobility work. I regret not discovering that sooner and could have saved a lot of time and fatigue/setbacks. Live and learn!

Last edited:
Hello,

Regardless the age we have, some important thing: being stronger than ever everyday (or at least not weaker), healthier...and wiser :)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Pretty close to 36, which means closer to 40 than to 30. :eek:
Typing the numbers in I immidiately feel older *lol*
You're not old until you jump out of bed and your butt slaps you in the back of the legs. So at 67 I'm still 'young'.
When my grandfather turned 80, he said he still felt the same on the inside as he did when he was in his 20s. Our minds never really age, only our bodies.
My mother said approximately that at age 78. She came out of the bathroom one evening sort of touching her face and said, "What happened? I was just 19 and suddenly I'm old and wrinkly. I still feel 19 though!"

41. Stronger than I was at 40, when I was stronger than I was at 39, when I was stronger than I was at 38... (I stop here, you get the idea).

Great thread this. Now I can check the age of whom I'm talking to & adjust my comments accordingly. Cheers

@Antti , yep I do, why do you ask?...... I'm afraid you've lost me, I think I may have had too many blows to the head. Bit slow on the uptake .

@Antti , yep I do, why do you ask?...... I'm afraid you've lost me, I think I may have had too many blows to the head. Bit slow on the uptake .

Sometimes the differences between generations and the great wisdom and acute viewpoints of the more elderly are, by them, most succintly put as "get off my lawn!"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom