all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed How should I program my chosen moves?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I'll train at home and I have a sandbag available, with bodyweight rings and a dip belt.

The moves I can do: Weighted Pullup, Sandbag Squats, Sandbag OHP, Ring Dips&Pullups&Inverted Rows&Pushups.

I'm interested in building the most size possible with a hypertrophy program, however I don't know if it's required to have a good foundation in strength first. Since I don't know where to look in terms of programming, could you give me some guidelines, recommendations etc. That would be really helpful.

Your post suggests to me that you’re a beginner, which is good as many approaches will work. Why not keep it simple? Build strength and muscle, every newbie does. You’ve identified seven exercises, do six (just choose one pull up):

1. one set to failure (or close to) of each exercise in the order you’ve identified them above
2. if you can choose the resistance, keep the reps high, 10+
3. rest at least one day between workouts
4. eat more, particularly protein

Look at yourself in the mirror in ~12 weeks and blow yourself a big kiss! Then come back and ask about a more advanced program (including more lower body work)

@Clechina, please give us more information about your background - exercise history, injury history and any current restrictions on exercise, and whatever else you think might be relevant.

Our most popular program is Kettlebell Simple and Sinister. I recommend you purchase the book, read it, order yourself an appropriately sized kettlebell, and begin that way.

-S-

For hypertrophy you'll want more leg work, an equal number of exercises to your upper body training in squat and hinge. Maybe add to the mix:
Jump alternating lunges
Windmills (with bag on opposite shoulder)
Good Mornings

Also you may have to do a single leg version of squat once you get to more than 15 or 20 reps.

Run these opposite the upper body or in upper/lower pairs.
Day 1
Pullups/Squat
Dips/Windmills

Day 2
Rows/Lunges
Pushups/Good Mornings

Cruches/leg raises/etc
Paired with:
Curls/Tricep extension

How you structure sets and reps will depend on how many reps you can do per exercise. Generally you want to do 2-3 relatively easy sets, finishing with a set to failure or beyond: The Best Damn Workout Plan For Natural Lifters | T NATION

Or take Steve's advice and change gears a bit. Figuring out how NOT to waste your time is the number one challenge to the beginner.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom