all posts post new thread

Kettlebell How strong you can get with single kettlebell?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
They could do an overhead, bottoms ups double KB squat with a pair of 24s. And very slow eccentrics, pauses, and holds. The main barrier would probably be boredom, pain tolerance, and duration of workout rather than difficulty I think.

Totally agree with @MikeTheBear. I had my own version this summer. This was probably a local variant of the event as there was no Disney World there. It however involved carrying a 70 pounds child on your back between the hotel room and the beach, in the Carribean at noon, in the sun. Distance was probably about half a mile but grip was greatly reduced due to sunscreen and sweat. Since grip was a factor, I chose to jog the event instead of walking it, in sandals. Spectators had that look in their face that said they probably thought I had too much sun and had simply gone crazy.

I find that not only kettlebell and barbell training gives me the strength to do such things, but it also gives me enough reserves that I can do it in full sun when it's over 30°C (close to 90°F) with close to 100% humidity without any problem and then enjoy a full afternoon at the beach.

There are bonus points if you manage not to kill your teammate who swears the vehicle is in section Q31 when really it's O13, it's just that the "O" had a stain on it that made it look like a "Q," and the "31" vs. "13" was just an honest mistake. 3-2-1 GO!

That was damn hilarious, thank you

Years ago, my single kettlebell was 16 kg - and I got stronger.
Few years ago, it was 24 kg - and I got stronger again.
Today the single kettlebell would be 32 kg.

Strong is relative. I know I could take one bell to the desert island at the respective time, and get not necessarily strong, but much stronger - without sacrificing my health. One man, one kettlebell, Health & Strength, I like it!

Note: Do not get right of your lighter kettlebells - I still use 16 basically every single day.

One of the best things about kettlebell training IMO is that you need only few bells and you get nice workouts for overall fitness, but how strong you really can get with single bell?

Lets say that one has 24kg. He works to the point that he can press it 20+ times each hand, he can do 30min get up sessions get up every minute, he does 100 snatches under 5 minutes, he does weighted pull ups and pistols with it. Do you consider him strong?
What about guy who has 32kg and does same thing?

I think that guy who does those with 32kg is the beast.. actually he propably could pass the beast tamer challenge.
24kg guy is also pretty strong when compared to average person, but can he become stronger anymore with that bell?

That sounds like a rather solid set of standards, @Sauli.

What would you say would be benchmark numbers for weighted-pullups/pistols with the 24KG bell, then?

"...while..."? As in, at the same time? Could you post a video for technique, I find that idea challenging....

;)

Easy: Throw the bell to your partner at the top of the swing. If you flip it with your wrists as you let go, the bell will spin in mid-air so that they can catch the handle. What could be simpler?

If this proves too challenging, you can always weld the bottoms of two light kettlebells together to make a kettlebell with a handle on both sides.

Easy: Throw the bell to your partner at the top of the swing. If you flip it with your wrists as you let go, the bell will spin in mid-air so that they can catch the handle. What could be simpler?
There was a video somewhere of Russian military doing a choreography with kettlebells doing exactly this. I think it was Russian military but not sure. It was a bit more complex though, 4 guys with kettlebells flying all around

Hello,

I'd love doing these yes ! :) Bodyweight compounds like this and kettlebell training is really a wonderful combination to get a very strong, supple and well coordinated body

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom