all posts post new thread

Nutrition how to eat clean ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hi,

I am just curious how people manage to eat clean for the most of their life ? I am quite average in terms of weight, but I absolutely love candies, chips, chocolate you name it. How do people manage to eat healthy day in and day out ? Doesn't life become very boring without a lot of chocolate and chips ?

Anders
It gets soooooo much boring... I used to drink soda lots of it and used to feel like s*** all the time. I have given up on it now and its been a month and life is boring without it but sure but i feel sooo much better.

Give a good, filtered sparkling water a try with a splash of lemon or digestive bitters. Tastes great, zero sugar/cals, and good for digestion.

I like Quicksilver Scientific Dr. Shade's Bitters No. 9.

For me it is consequence, cause and effect. Will this food or drink make me feel better or worse, long term? Will these choices make my next work out better or worse? Actions that support my highest values.

"consistency trumps intensity",

Consistency

Consistency is one of the keys to progress.

However, it doesn't trump intensity.

Intensity Is A Vital Key To Progress

Intensity is one of the lynch pins for increasing muscle mass, strength, etc.

At some point, a the intensity of a training program need to be pushed near the limit or to the limit.

One of the issues with intensity is the overly ambitions individual that who lack training knowledge. They tend make each push each training session to the limit; which is counter productive.

A well written and executed Periodization Training Program progressively increases the Intensity each week; with the last week of the training cycle being a highly intensive one.

After the final intensive week, a new Periodization Training Cycle is begun with load that are light and easy. This allows for Active Recovery. Recovery is where Supercompensation occurs; an increase in muscle mass, stretch, etc dependent the the program.

We manage to eat clean in our house by not buying junk food in the first place.

Even if faced with an urge, it's pretty easy to deflect the craving if I have to make a special grocery trip just to buy some ice cream. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but the last time I bought ice cream (last week) it had been 3 months since I last ate it.

On the meat side, we only eat wild game / wild fish.

I eat relatively clean. I go through periods where I have a tiny bag of chips with lunch, but thats about it for snacks/junk. I dont drink soda... Its the beer that gets me. I love a few pints after work.

Just replace beer for some other carb. ;)

If it's the sweet things you crave try ordering some miracle fruit tablets online. It's a berry from Africa that makes sour taste sweet. It's seriously incredible. Makes a slice of lemon taste like sweet lemonade. Strawberries are incredible. Even a nice dry wine will taste like port. Keep some on hand and just eat fruit for dessert!

From WebMD: Miracle fruit contains a chemical that affects taste receptors in the tongue. This chemical makes the tongue register sour tastes as sweet tastes. The chemical itself has no taste at all. Miracle fruit also contains chemicals that might lower levels of blood sugar.

Yes It might be boring at the time when you refuse to eat which your brain is craving for. If you've certain goals in life and you have enough courage to sacrifice your unhealthy desires for this, then it will become a lot more easy to not eat unhealthy food.

Well, if all the people shared a similar body composition ideal and achieving it was easy, everyone would have it. So there must be something very hard in it.
I don't agree. I think we can blame all the distractions in our society, or if we so choose, we can blame ourselves for yielding to those distractions. Keep your eye on the prize - why would anyone not do what advances them towards their goals and, instead, choose momentary satisfaction? It's not how I believe we're wired, but lots of sitting and watching television can take us away from our better, and what I believe to be our natural selves.

It's not hard, it just requires a certain independence of spirit and strength of character and conviction, traits that are within everyone's reach. The only hard part is breaking bad habits, and if you're willing to not judge yourself and just try to keep the goal in mind, you'll get there.

-S-

Rules and tradition, also religion could help with this.
This is an interesting comment - while one might not be into rules, tradition and religion, the underlying concepts are definitely worth considering. You’re a smart guy, @Anders and I think we read similar stuff. This is an interesting angle for some deeper thought.
I eat relatively clean. I go through periods where I have a tiny bag of chips with lunch, but thats about it for snacks/junk. I dont drink soda... Its the beer that gets me. I love a few pints after work.
I’m the same, however I don’t worry (too much) about my beer, wine, spirits (and occasionally smokes). I drink like a fish because I love it, and I use my S&S training as a gauge. If I feel less than great during, I know I drank too much.

Food is the same, I love takeaway pizza and chocolate with my girlfriend, but if I start to look/feel fat I know I need to chill out and eat my vegetables.

Also, I don’t drink what Americans call soda and I don’t eat candy (Australians say lollies). I also loosely eat between the hours of 1200 to 2000. This is elastic based on work and social stuff etc. this works for me, I’m 6’ 3”, 79 - 84kg, achieved timeless simple last month and working to simple as per S&S 2.0. I think the system works.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom