all posts post new thread

Nutrition How to naturally gain lots of weight

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

footballer55

Level 4 Valued Member
Anyone have some good foods/ideas for gaining weight? I currently weight 150lbs and will be playing football next year. To start the season I want to weight no less than 165, if not more (15+ pounds in 5 months). How do I gain the weight?
Thanks,
Mike.

UPDATE: 4/13/16

At a little over a month after I first posted this I'm well balanced between 153 and 155. This is right on track, thanks to all who gave me suggestions, it's working! Will update in a month

UPDATE:4/15/16

Think I'm going to give a new method a try. I'm going to go with both the (half gallon) GODMAD diet, and five meal method. The five meal method is a normal big breakfast lunch and dinner, along with two other medium sized meals in between. From what I've heard, your metabolism is slowed by having bigger portions of food, which will cause you to gain weight

Last edited:
On the podcast that Pavel did with Tim Ferris he says you must EAT A LOT. Wake up in the middle of night chug a protein shake,go back to sleep. Eat big. *

* I am not a nutritionist or Doctor.

Wake up in the middle of night chug a protein shake,go back to sleep. Eat big. *
I've heard the other side of that coin, that the quality of sleep is more important than the nightly shake. Probably down to personal preference and sleep quality though. One recommendation is to have a scoop of protein powder ready to go and if you wake up to go the toilet then add water and chug it rather than forcing yourself to wake up. Check out dan john's mass made simple and Anthony Ricciuto 25 ways to pack on mass (free) they are good resources

Wake up in the middle of night chug a protein shake,go back to sleep.

I used to train really intensely. Heavy squats, prehab, and torso in the morning, and Olympic competition lifts in the late afternoon 5-6 days a week. With Saturday mock meet day.

Right before bed I would drink a shake of whole milk, ground flax seed, olive oil, and Casine protein powder. Casine protein gels in your stomach and slowly digests over a long period of time, but is pretty expensive. The flax seed has a lot of zinc and magnesium to support testosterone production. That would get me through the night.

Then first thing in the morning have a scoop of whey protein, whole milk, and olive oil. Whey protein works best in a fasted state, morning and after exercise. Then cook and eat breakfast which would be about an hour.

Create your own 3000 kcal-Shake with a good mixer/blender with a lot of good stuff. Its pretty easy an it helped me on my way from 68 to 85kg.

what to use?

- fruits! (frozen berries are my secret tip for nutrients!)
- oatmeal
- curd (hope this is the right word :D)
- oils (olive, walnut, rapeseed)
- grounded almonds
- milk/juice
- some vegetables/green stuff (rucola)
- protein-powder if u like

It Mostly taste spretty good and u just have to drink it (haha sometimes i needed more than 30 minutes for it). It's also good for adding some stuff u want to add like creatin, magnesium, citrullin and stuff like this.

Do not think/worry about getting fat. =)

Create your own 3000 kcal-Shake with a good mixer/blender with a lot of good stuff. Its pretty easy an it helped me on my way from 68 to 85kg.

what to use?

- fruits! (frozen berries are my secret tip for nutrients!)
- oatmeal
- curd (hope this is the right word :D)
- oils (olive, walnut, rapeseed)
- grounded almonds
- milk/juice
- some vegetables/green stuff (rucola)
- protein-powder if u like

It Mostly taste spretty good and u just have to drink it (haha sometimes i needed more than 30 minutes for it). It's also good for adding some stuff u want to add like creatin, magnesium, citrullin and stuff like this.

Do not think/worry about getting fat. =)
Alright, thanks a lot!

How does this sound?

-Frozen strawberries
-Oatmeal
-(I have a question about the curd, I looked it up; do you mean that sour milk stuff or the head of a cauliflower? For the record I probably won't be that crazy about trying spoiled milk haha)
-Olive oil/vegetable oil
-(Don't have any almonds as of now; I could definitely get some soon though)
-Milk (1% is what I usually use, although I've heard whole milk is thicker). I also use coconut juice in a lot of smoothies so I'll have to try both
-Mint leaves
-muscle milk protein powder
-I also use chia seeds in a lot of shakes, it wouldn't hurt to add those

Thanks for this, I've been looking for a few more shake recipes!
Mike

Last edited:
Try it ;)

i like to use bananas as a basic. Curd is some kind of sour milk yes and a pretty regular food over here =).
Is it possible to buy grounded almonds in a super market? Those are often used for cakes etc.

Also you can use tea for the liquid.

I don't have recipes. Just blending what is avaiable.

Try it ;)

i like to use bananas as a basic. Curd is some kind of sour milk yes and a pretty regular food over here =).
Is it possible to buy grounded almonds in a super market? Those are often used for cakes etc.

Also you can use tea for the liquid.

I don't have recipes. Just blending what is avaiable.
I got almonds yesterday afternoon, they were full almonds but in the blender they blended up nicely. It actually tasted pretty good! I think that next time I'll replace the mint with something else though, it was much too strong.

How bad do you need to gain weight? Try throwing some high quality ice cream in. Obviously not the healthiest option but loaded with calories.

How bad do you need to gain weight? Try throwing some high quality ice cream in. Obviously not the healthiest option but loaded with calories.
Let's put it this way. I won't be behind at all with anything (this is for football), But I want to be ahead. I at least wanna know that I tried my hardest to be the best and biggest I can be

I think technically curd is cheese, whey is the liquid portion that drains off in the cheese making process and the curd (cheese) is left in the bag/cheesecloth.

@fauler_Freddy I call that the garbage can shake. I do the same thing. I put what ever is within reach in the blender. Any fruit or veg that is on sale or about to go bad goes in the freezer for shakes.

I fill my blender and get 3 servings out of it. I have one first thing in the morning and one immediately after training. Then a meal about an hour after the shakes.

I have a Vitamix blender. It was about $500, but it is awesome. I have had it for about 3 years and it is still as good as new. If you want a rock and nail shake it's the blender for the job.

Haha ok, my blender was way much cheaper but is also doing an acceptable job.

Hope those shakes will help you. In my eyes this is the healthiest way to eat a lot of calories (dont forget the regular meals).

Nice sideffects:

- preparation it's fast
- it's scaleable
- relatively cheap

If you want to gain weight fast then you have to eat 5 bananas per day that will increase your muscles fastly.
I gained my weight with the help of below following diet plan……
At Breakfast time, eat any of the following:
· Milk with banana, brown bread with juice.
· Cornflakes with milk that is very healthy diet.
· Drink weight gain shakes banana shake, fruit juice that are very digestible and easy to drink.
At lunch time
· Pasta Vegetable Medley
· Eat 2 Cheese sandwich
· 1full plate rice
Evening time
· 1 bowl chicken soup
· Roasted soybean
Dinner
· 340 gm green veggie
· Milk 1 glass
· Banana 2

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom