all posts post new thread

Kettlebell How to proceed after Victorious II

fabskl

Level 5 Valued Member
I am currently in week 5 of 8 of Victorious II from @Fabio Zonin and I love it!

My plan was to do Victorious I afterwards, but I am not very confident that this will work so easily.
Currently I am doing (1,2,3) ladders with a 6RM that I tested at the beginning and what will probably/hopefully be a 7-8RM at the end. Then in Victorious II I would use that 7-8RM for (2,4,6) ladders with much, much more volume. And I fear that the jump would be too high for me.

If this were the case, here are some ideas I had to help get started with this volume/load:
  1. Victorious I but with (2,3,5) or (1,3,4) ladders.
  2. The 1TRM EV PS program
  3. Powertrain with MP from the StrongFirst app
  4. Soju and Tuba with my 3RM and then Victorious II with new RMs

Does anyone have a suggestion or recommendation on what I should do?

Last edited:

Conor

Level 2 Valued Member
Last fall into this spring I ran Vict I - Vict II - Vict I consecutively. Based on my experience I would suggest going ahead with Vict I, with that bell if you are successfully in the 7-8 RM range at the end of this cycle. I know the volume seems daunting, I felt the same way. The first 3 weeks build very progressively, and gice you time to really focus on your technique. Week 6 is no joke, but if you’ve put in the work leading up to it I have a feeling you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

For context, I went from having a 1RM at 32kg before I started to a 9RM with the 32kg by the end, and a 1RM at 40kg with my dominant hand. A lot of that was novice gains, I’d not done dedicated MP programming before that, but the technique instructions and the programming is solid and will get you there.

Mark Limbaga

Level 8 Valued Member
Elite Certified Instructor
I am currently in week 5 of 8 of Victorious II from @Fabio Zonin and I love it!

My plan was to do Victorious I afterwards, but I am not very confident that this will work so easily.
Currently I am doing (1,2,3) ladders with a 6RM that I tested at the beginning and what will probably/hopefully be a 7-8RM at the end. Then in Victorious II I would use that 7-8RM for (2,4,6) ladders with much, much more volume. And I fear that the jump would be too high for me.

If this were the case, here are some ideas I had to help get started with this volume/load:
  1. Victorious I but with (2,3,5) or (1,3,4) ladders.
  2. The 1TRM EV PS program
  3. Powertrain with MP from the StrongFirst app
  4. Soju and Tuba with my 3RM and then Victorious II with new RMs

Does anyone have a suggestion or recommendation on what I should do?
Why not rite of passage for 4 weeks then if that turns your 7-8rm into a 9-10rm, you'll have a lot more options

fabskl

Level 5 Valued Member
Last fall into this spring I ran Vict I - Vict II - Vict I consecutively. Based on my experience I would suggest going ahead with Vict I, with that bell if you are successfully in the 7-8 RM range at the end of this cycle. I know the volume seems daunting, I felt the same way. The first 3 weeks build very progressively, and gice you time to really focus on your technique. Week 6 is no joke, but if you’ve put in the work leading up to it I have a feeling you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

For context, I went from having a 1RM at 32kg before I started to a 9RM with the 32kg by the end, and a 1RM at 40kg with my dominant hand. A lot of that was novice gains, I’d not done dedicated MP programming before that, but the technique instructions and the programming is solid and will get you there.

This is great, and exactly what I plan to do: To increase my 32kg 2RM to a 40kg 1RM using Victorious.
Did you deload between cycles? And did you do any conditioning during, maybe S&S?

Conor

Level 2 Valued Member
I did S&S 2-3 days a week for most of it, working on my 32-> 40 progression there. But Victorious was the focus. I didn’t do any significant deloading, the last 2 weeks taper pretty well and the testing week is almost a deload in itself. So I just rolled from one into the next consecutively.

Conor

Level 2 Valued Member
I would say, that if you don’t quite have the RM to do the program with the 28kg, running it with a 24kg would still have good benefit. But I did Vict I @ 28/32kg, Vict II @ 24/28/32/36 kg, then Vict I at 32/36kg. Based on what you’re doing now I wouldn’t be surprised if you could follow that same path for 3 cycles.

fabskl

Level 5 Valued Member
I hope it works just as well for me! But I honestly can't imagine doing sets of 6 reps with the 32 in just 4 months yet.

Bauer

Level 7 Valued Member
I hope it works just as well for me! But I honestly can't imagine doing sets of 6 reps with the 32 in just 4 months yet.
If your available bells don't match the needed RM range, maybe go for Built Strong Minimalist, and only use it for the press. The plan generator adjusts the ladders automatically based on your precise RM input.

fabskl

Level 5 Valued Member
Thanks @Bauer , that was kind of the idea behind my option 1. The RM ranges pretty much coincide with BSM, so I thought I could adjust the ladders.

Bauer

Level 7 Valued Member
Thanks @Bauer , that was kind of the idea behind my option 1. The RM ranges pretty much coincide with BSM, so I thought I could adjust the ladders.
Ah, I see. Sounds good to me!
This table from Fabio should be of help here (and might have been your source of inspiration?)
Zonin-Table-3-1.jpeg

fabskl

Level 5 Valued Member
If I had known the table, it would have saved me the work of going through all the combinations in BSM. But thanks for this, very helpful!

Bauer

Level 7 Valued Member
If I had known the table, it would have saved me the work of going through all the combinations in BSM. But thanks for this, very helpful!

Where is the table from please ? Is that part of an Article available to all of us or a purchased plan ?

It is from this article:

fabskl

Level 5 Valued Member
Just a short update.

I completed my run of Victorious II with the following results:
WeightPre-TestPost-Test
32kg2RM3RM
28kg6RM9RM
24kg10RM14RM

I am very happy with the results, and honestly I did not expect this. Especially in week 6 and 7 everything felt so much heavier, but I think that is the necessary stress that accumulates for the desired adaptation.

Therefore I am very well prepared for Victorious I with the 28kg starting Monday!

Top Bottom