all posts post new thread

Nutrition How was 2019?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
2019.... was an amazing year. My wife and I went all in on travel this year, as we visited Australia and New Zealand in January '19, and then got married in September and took a honeymoon to Italy and Greece. Definitely had experiences to last a lifetime!

Health wise, I continued to work on physical, emotional and psychological well being by continuing to adjust my systems that help me keep these areas of my life at an optimum. I do my best to find the guiding principles for success in these areas, build a system/process that creates a net positive effect, and work to balance all these areas. I turned 30, and even though this is young in relative terms I want to build systems that can be maintained as I get older and hopefully build a bigger family. My practice in physical strength is something I use as a foundation to transfer those skills to other areas. I strive to be strong physically, mentally, emotionally, nutritionally, financially, within relationships and in many areas of my life because I do believe "Strength has a greater purpose". I want to be the rock for my family and be someone my family and friends can trust to be there for them. If my strength can benefit someone else, than I have done my duty.

I'm working on taking more notes while reading, and more important taking ACTION with those. The ancient stoics believed that philosophy wasn't something to be read, but rather some to live and experience. My goal is to take what I learn, figure out how it can fit into my system and implement it. I'm working on becoming a better coach by practicing my communication and language with my students. I'm working on making sure that my time is devoted to something or someone I care about, and will have positive benefit. I want to keep surrounding myself with people who push me to be better, and who are strong in areas in which I would like to improve.

I remind myself that the journey is the best part, and I don't need to rush through things to "hurry up and wait". I have a tendency to over-consume (in terms of books/podcasts, etc rather than food) and not really take the time to implement the ideas I learn into action, as I noted above. I can improve on this greatly and is one of my main areas of focus for 2020.

I wish I remembered where I saw it, but rather than resolutions I learned to have a single word that guides your year. I fell in love with this concept and have done it since 2017

2017 - Discipline. I truly for the first time created systems to keep my on the path
2018 - Curiosity. I tried to expand my knowledge into different areas and fields, by reading and studying fields I had previously ignored.
2019 - Experience. I tried to really be present in all my travels and experiences I noted above
2020 - Action. I may go back and alter this word if I find one that fits better, but see my paragraph above to understand my intent.

2019 was the year I decided to buy S&S and started my StrongFirst Journey.

I started S&S in April and managed hit Timed Simple in 10 weeks. I followed ROP by the book and hit my 1/2 body weight press by week 13. Ladders never fail. Neither does Total Tension complex.
While I was in the middle of a program from More Kettlebell Muscle, my wife and I decided to change to a Ketogenic Diet in September. I hadn’t researched enough but kept up with the kettlebell work. I abruptly lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks, and I could not finished the workouts. I couldn’t even press 32kg overhead one time. I decided to go back to single kettlebell work to re-establish my foundational strength in order to make 2020 better than 2019.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom