all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed How's Your Health? What Medicines Do You Take?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
No I haven't MattM. Can you give me any experiences you've encountered using this method? Would like to hear how this product is used or applied. When gout strikes me, it strikes like a vengence! Been there done that. Not a happy time.

I haven't used it for gout but if you Google it you will get tons of articles to research. I take it almost every day. It does good things for me. Some people say it's magic (me) and some say it's a total waste.

Edit: here is just one article to read. Check out the comments.

Treating Gout with Apple Cider Vinegar — Experiments on Battling Gout

I haven't used it for gout but if you Google it you will get tons of articles to research. I take it almost every day. It does good things for me. Some people say it's magic (me) and some say it's a total waste.

I have to come out as a gout sufferer and say that I truly tried for a long time if apple cider vinegar would help me but it just didn't. Hope it helps other people.

I have to come out as a gout sufferer and say that I truly tried for a long time if apple cider vinegar would help me but it just didn't. Hope it helps other people.

After reading about it, it seems that it helps some people and others it doesn't. Guess there's only one way to find out.

Will be 47 in a few months. 0 medications.

I am currently working as a home health nurse, but have hospital experience as well. Did some monthly visits today in which as RNs we have do a health check, review medications, assess need to ask MD for changes, etc. I am utterly floored by how much some people are on. 2 or even 3 kinds of blood pressure meds, then meds for gout or some other sort of antiinflammatory, then meds to protect your stomach from the antinflammatory, meds for edema/heart failure, diabetes. And O the sleeping pills! And then confusion and falls from the sleeping pills. And I have even met people in their 40's already heading down this path. My husband will be 50 next year and is already on BP meds.

I will say though, the healthiest elderly I have met are the ones who have a farming or some sort of labour background, who maintain some sort of weight-bearing into their later years, even walking, and who have some sort of intellectual pursuit and a degree of not being socially isolated or poor. There is heredity of course, but I really think what you do in your younger years affects the course of your aging as well, activity wise.

Out of curiosity I did Google Apple Cider Vinegar for Gout. I've been pain and gout free for 20 years plus using prescription meds. I would find it difficult to drop the Allopurinol medication and drink apple cider vinegar 2-3 times a day and wait on a reaction. I appreciate your input on the matter. It did make me think about it.

Out of curiosity I did Google Apple Cider Vinegar for Gout. I've been pain and gout free for 20 years plus using prescription meds. I would find it difficult to drop the Allopurinol medication and drink apple cider vinegar 2-3 times a day and wait on a reaction. I appreciate your input on the matter. It did make me think about it.

Ya, if your medicine is working I'd say stick with it. I've heard it's pretty rough.

63 yrs here....all I take is fish oil, krill oil, and vitamins with probiotics. And ginko biloba .
Alcohol free 1-1/2 yrs, smoke free 6+ years.
Once in a while some Tylenol for headache or minor pains.
Feel pretty good overall, just minor aches and pains and sometimes tiredness. Probably need to work on my sleep habits!

63 yrs here....all I take is fish oil, krill oil, and vitamins with probiotics. And ginko biloba .
Alcohol free 1-1/2 yrs, smoke free 6+ years.
Once in a while some Tylenol for headache or minor pains.
Feel pretty good overall, just minor aches and pains and sometimes tiredness. Probably need to work on my sleep habits!
That's great news news Carl on alcohol and tobacco free. I quit smoking either 6 or 7 years ago this upcoming January? Keep forgetting which is great! Alcohol is my down fall. Sometimes zero drinks for a few days, then more than 1-2 daily which is the norm. I need to just stop since moderation and alcohol can't be used in the same sentence for me. Working on it.....

On the subject of gout cherries meant to be very good as it breaks down uric acid. a good friend of mine who suffers swears by it although to get relief during an attack he needs to eat 20 - 30 cherries a day. He says that drinking the juice has no effect for him although it is said to be good.

Meds for too many things, looking to get off those for the allergies/sinus issues. I am seeing the ENT for chronic sinusitis soon, so some breathing meds may go away, then I need to see about lowering asthma meds. Others will take more time, if possible, to stop taking.

50, no meds. Blood pressure is good, 112/65, cholesterol, triglycerides all great. No health issues. So far so good. I can say that other than the small handful of times I have been really injured, I have not gone more than 3 days without exercising in the last 40 years. Started when I was 10 years old! Not one single exercise lapse.

6 weeks away from age 50. Never felt better! All blood tests are stellar. I struggle with reflux sometimes and have tried Nexium etc, but nothing currently.

No meds except BHRT - "bioidentical" (I put that in quotes because I think it's a bogus marketing word, nonetheless I prefer them to standard pharmaceuticals) hormone replacement therapy. My hormone cycle derailed in my mid-20s, no one knows why, so this brings my levels to a nice normal. On the bright side - no cycle, no menopause, and no hot flashes.

I take some supplements off and on: Fish oil, multivitamin, Gulcosomine, milk thistle, various other things. I do try to stay on Vitamin D and Magnesium supplements as I'm convinced that most of us are deficient in those.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom