all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Howto: Two day / week, full body workout with different exercises

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Partha

Level 4 Valued Member
I am a technology professional with family, approaching 40 and getting in that phase where I can train twice a week (commitment and recovery). I have access to gym in my apartment, and also few kettlebells at home - but no professional trainer. My goal is staying healthy (maintaining basic strength, weight management, mobility).

I wish to understand pros and cons of full body workout if it is designed with different sets of exercises as below (I am comfortable with the techniques):

Explosive (lower pull, upper push): BB Power clean & press // KB (Swing) Snatch
Upper Pull: Pull-down // Double KB Row
Lower Push: BB Split squat // Goblet or Front Squat
Core twist or 3-plane mobility: Cable Wood chop // TGU
Anti rotation / anti extension: DB Suitcase carry // Renegade Row

Kindly highlight if something is overdone or missing. I know it is subjective, still, I would like to hear. Previously, suggestions coming from this forum has done wonders (doing single KB S&S before moving to double bell regarding recovery).

Partha, are you beginning a program, or have you already done S&S and moved onto double bell programs? Have you had a lot of experience lifting weights? Program you've listed seems ok, but has a lot of moving parts. If you were doing the whole thing each workout with decent weights, seems like it would be hard to keep good form- C&P, squats, swings, etc seems like a lot of mostly full-body exercises in same workout.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom