all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed [HR monitor and S+S] This headband looks interesting

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bauer

Level 8 Valued Member
Hi there!

In the past I've owned a chest strap HR monitor but it didn't connect properly and I didn't like the chest strap - especially during Get Ups.

And so I've found this... The Moov HR Sweat uses a headband and not a chest strap
Moov HR Sweat review

This looks promising to me, although probably not to my wife... at least in terms of style :D

Has anyone used this for S+S Maffetone style or A+A training? Or what kind of monitor do you recommend?

I take my HR monitor off for get ups and use breathing to measure to dial back or not.

Too inaccurate IMO.
In the review they say it was off just 1 or 2 bpm sometimes. That's totally acceptable.
On the picture though you can see that there's a 5bpm difference in the average bpm.
Sometimes being off a couple of beats? Ok.
Being off 5bpm on the average? Not ok.

A HR monitor may be more useful and accurate for longer sustained efforts, running for example.

Good points. Apparently the headband also leaves some marks from the sensor on the skin that are pretty visible for half an hour.

Maybe I should give the Polar H10 another try. I tested the H7 and it didn't connect reliably to the watch.

I have found the Polar H10 to be more reliable than the H7s I had. H10 connects every time, has no transmission problems (I don't wet it or use any conduction gel), and it has a memory feature where you can start a session on the phone app, leave the phone and go out and do your exercise, then come back and it downloads the HR data back to the phone. I recommend it.

I have found the Polar H10 to be more reliable than the H7s I had. H10 connects every time, has no transmission problems (I don't wet it or use any conduction gel), and it has a memory feature where you can start a session on the phone app, leave the phone and go out and do your exercise, then come back and it downloads the HR data back to the phone. I recommend it.
Anna,

Thanks for sharing this info. I had given up on bluetooth HRM’s because of the connectivity problems I had with two seperate H7’s. I didn’t want to throw good money after bad.

I’ll look into the H10.

Jim

You can always slip it over your ears for some nice ear muffs. All set for winter. Use your chest strap though for all that HR monitoring and no need to refer to it during get ups. Then buy some cheaper ear muffs for those winter get ups!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom