all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Huge Push Press PR!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Yeah, that's good, congratulations... But how do you feel now that you're too big for door frames? :eek:

Seriously: that is impressive!

Hello,

@Matt Piercy
Excellent ! Congrats ! This is not a long cycle, this is a marathon cycle ! :) Sure you have a beast conditioning !

Kind regards,

Pet'

Thank you, I can do ROP with a single 24. I was driving home last night and I started thinking I should test myself on something I have never tried to do before. The idea was to track the point where I was too tired to continue and try to improve. But when I but 15 sets in I was thinking "Man, I'm not wrecked. I think I can do all 30". I never really felt spent, even when I was done. Now I want to see what I've really got tucked away in this body.

@Matt Piercy,

Excellent.

I love this style of A+A training. I've done it with swings, snatches, double cleans, and various mace and clubbell exercises.

Make each set short enough so you stay mostly anti-glycolytic, and either rest by feel until well-recovered or set a timer to a relatively relaxed work/rest ratio. You can accumulate a lot of volume without killing yourself and still be able to recover from session to session.

This style of training is great for power endurance, and is complemented nicely by some low intensity/LSD cardio.

Thanks to @aciampa, @Miguel, and @Anna C for mapping out this path and inspiring me to try it out.

@Matt Piercy Excellent work indeed, congrats. Very impressive.

Out of interest, did you clean before each rep or focused on push presses with just a clean at the start?

I just am focusing on the PP right now. I set a timer. I had 30 sec to complete each set with 1:30 rest in between. This allowed me time to fully recover for each set. Granted, I did get tired toward the end, but there was no question I would complete all 5 reps. In the future I'll add reps and then decrease rest. The goal is 8 reps (still in 30 sec) to a minute rest. For a total of 240 reps. I'm going to do the same thing with my 32's Friday. Except I'm only starting with 2 reps in 30 sec with the 1:30 rest plus the left over from the 30 sec. I am not sure how well that will go. I can single arm a 32k for 14 reps l/r, so I think it'll go ok.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom